4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB Good running 4ac engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dbruesch

WTB Good running 4ac engine Empty
PostSubject: WTB Good running 4ac engine   WTB Good running 4ac engine EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:11 am

Looking to buy a good running 4ac engine as mine just kicked the bucket. My email is dbruesch24@gmail.com, I have cash or things to trade.
Back to top Go down
dbruesch

PostSubject: Re: WTB Good running 4ac engine   WTB Good running 4ac engine EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:14 am

Located in 91763
Back to top Go down
yellowsnow4free

yellowsnow4free

PostSubject: Re: WTB Good running 4ac engine   WTB Good running 4ac engine EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Hey dbruesch,

Just to confirm, are you in Montclair, CA?

No, I don't have a running 4AC, but I've got some ideas to help you out.

First, what exactly happened to your 4AC? Depending on what's still good with it you might be able to get your car back on the road for less.

Pick-n-Pull should be having a 50% off sale this Memorial Day weekend, if you can wait a month.

I'd pull a 4AC out of a Chevy Nova or other Toyota.
Back to top Go down
dbruesch

PostSubject: Re: WTB Good running 4ac engine   WTB Good running 4ac engine EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 7:43 pm

thank you, I appreciate the effort to help! Well long story short I learned the importance of checking the block with a straight edge every single time and not leaving anything to chance the hard way.

I went and bought a 3a head (wavy valve cover) from my local pickapart wich was about $90, had a shave and clean $30, and gasket kit $50. adjusted my clearences, put it back together and its burning through coolant like crazy. At this point im ready to just find a good DD so I can get her back on the road.

Back to top Go down
yellowsnow4free

yellowsnow4free

PostSubject: Re: WTB Good running 4ac engine   WTB Good running 4ac engine EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:12 pm

dbruesch wrote:
thank you, I appreciate the effort to help!  Well long story short I learned the importance of checking the block with a straight edge every single time and not leaving anything to chance the hard way.

I went and bought a 3a head (wavy valve cover) from my local pickapart which was about $90, had a shave and clean $30, and gasket kit $50. adjusted my clearances, put it back together and its burning through coolant like crazy.  At this point I'm ready to just find a good DD so I can get her back on the road.
Ah, I gotcha.

So it sounds like you need a new block, right? You've already got a clean head, so you just need a new bottom end.

What kind of car do you have? I'm curious if it's FWD or RWD.

Either way, I'm sure you can hunt someone down who has done a 4AC to 4AGE swap, and has a 4AC they want to get rid of for cheap, maybe even free. At least that way you know it came from a running car, instead of a junkyard vehicle.

If you haven't already, I'd post on Club4AG. A good amount of them are in CA, so hopefully you can find someone local to help you out.

That's probably the best route for a drop-in replacement engine. All my other ideas probably involve rebuilding the shortblock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Good running 4ac engine   WTB Good running 4ac engine Empty

Back to top Go down

WTB Good running 4ac engine
Page 1 of 1