4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Restoration question/singer porsche

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
raining0724

Car : SR5

Restoration question/singer porsche Empty
PostSubject: Restoration question/singer porsche   Restoration question/singer porsche EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 11:01 am

Hi guys
I am about to take everything apart on my SR5 and rebuilding it like what Singer porsche does to the 964. The interior I have sorted out and will be replaced with nappa leather and some alcantara. The engine will be rebuild with custom forged piston, rods, and maybe crank. The problem I have is that the electrical wiring. I want to remake the whole harness. Is there a rebuild harness guide?Do I have to take the harness apart and strip them strand by strand and lay them on a board?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
yellowsnow4free

yellowsnow4free

Restoration question/singer porsche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration question/singer porsche   Restoration question/singer porsche EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

raining0724 wrote:
I want to remake the whole harness. Is there a rebuild harness guide? Do I have to take the harness apart and strip them strand by strand and lay them on a board?
Hey raining0724,

I'm pretty sure there isn't any rebuild harness guide for these cars.

Your best bet would be to rebuild them strand by strand like you said.

Maybe you can get new connectors from Toyota, and find new crimp-on connectors for the ends.
Back to top Go down

Restoration question/singer porsche
Page 1 of 1