4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?

Go down 
+5
NP75
AE82
ktee
not0riouskid
inagawa
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:09 am

Dude seriously, if you're wanting retarded power, sell your 86 and get a 240SX and swap an SR20DET or RB26DETT. You will be disappointed by the 4AC with the high goals you have.

As for turbo auto v. turbo manual. I've driven lots of everything. I've even driven nearly identical supercharged cars one manual & one auto. No comparison, manual wins all day long.

It sounds to me like you've got some good ideas, and you obviously have the motivation to get some stuff done. And that's great. But I also think this is maybe your first or second car to really do some work on. I strongly recommend twin Weber's and a cam for the time being. You'll learn how to tune carbs (twins are a blast lol) and you'll learn how to do head work. Eventually, you can build the bottom of the motor. By then, you'll know the 4AC from top to bottom.

And I resemble the 'old guys' remark! scratch
Back to top Go down
not0riouskid

Car : AE86 kouki

NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:12 am

inagawa wrote:
from a small turbo like that? correct me if i'm wrong but i personally think that in wasn't going past 130 hp... i was looking at the pictures and it just all look dull to me "sorry that was the only word that i could think of".... unless he was running mild internals.... tuned right with just a camshaft, double valve springs, and a weber adds 40 hp " at least that's what paradise racing said it makes", with the engine at 50 hp in total na"d it would make 90 hp..... and that's not the case most of the time either, but maybe he was pulling that much from the turbo... who knows. all i know is that i'd be proud to tell people that i'm running that much power from a unloved small engine... but that's me...

that would be the same persons car we have in our section with the turbo pics on
the 4AC.. and he said " he thinks its 130 and has never dyno'd it "

BUTT DYNO only lolz

Last edited by not0riouskid on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inagawa

PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

hahaha....
Back to top Go down
serchmarc

PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:01 pm

inagawa wrote:
hahaha....

Back to top Go down
inagawa

PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:00 am

i loved that video... but the NOS is just not for me..lol
Back to top Go down
und-R-steer

und-R-steer

Car : 1985 corolla

PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:00 pm

inagawa wrote:
i loved that video... but the NOS is just not for me..lol

Cool I freak'n love that vid. I'm addicted to NOS. Because it's so damn universal. ANYTHING CAN HAVE NOS. If you ever get the chance, just grab a lower priced kit and toy with it. Laughing It's addictive.
Back to top Go down
inagawa

PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:32 pm

maybe in the long future.....
Back to top Go down
ktee

PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 8:21 pm

That video is pretty sweet!
The power of nitrous isn't to be taken lightly Wink

55 wet shot + 10.5 compression = FUN!
Hopefully I can find a company that makes beefier 7afe rods then,
I can really crank up the nitrous!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?   NA,  supercharger,  NOS,  or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NA, supercharger, NOS, or turbo.... which one do you think is the best setup for the 4AC?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2