4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AE8valveSOHCA

AE8valveSOHCA

Car : Rusty87SR5RallyCoupe

did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... Empty
PostSubject: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:25 am

well i like coupes... ive owned 3 ae86 coupes at once in my life and still have one right now from them an 87... the other ones was an 84 and an 85 and i decided to let go 2 and keep 1 and kept the 87 the last one made... you know for less damage less miles and less rust and all that (unless you can find a better one for a good price ya kno) and i was only lookin for coupes too and then to find out... did you know they only made the ae86 in coupes in 1987???... i didnt... thats crazy... just found out earlier yesterday... well i like the coupes cus how they made the rear... instead of a roomy trunk... it has a big ol strut lookin thing... so i feel that it has less chassis flex and all that bad stuff... so yeah... thats the main reason why i like the coupes haha... i like the tail lights too on the newer years... also i love how the front end looks with the different grill and all that... but yeah you gotta see my coupe after im done with it... its gonna be all oem just somethin different... no body kits no nothin... well maybe the gts side skirts and lip here and there... well you just gotta wait and see... its gonna be totally different... you might hate it you might like it... i got a picture in my head of how my cars gonna look but after the lip and side dkirt shes gonna be pretty... and i bet youll never see one like this again unless you copied me... hahha... man i love everything about my corolla im just a corolla guy... what do you like about your car???...
Back to top Go down
Hachigo Pro

Hachigo Pro

did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... Empty
PostSubject: Re: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:39 pm

they made hatches.

just the majority of them were coupes.

i love everything about my car. the good and the bad. eff the world i <3 my Hachigo haha
Back to top Go down
AE8valveSOHCA

AE8valveSOHCA

PostSubject: Re: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 am

well about the no hatches part... i was at a shop... well cabe toyota in long beach... and one of the guys that works there said that... well i guess they do... hahha... i dont care... theyre all cool... i still like coupes more hahah... my first car i ever had was my moms 87 4dr le man i loved her especially the front end man 4dr levin... man... ever since then... i dont wanna drive anything else but old toyotas... they all really look cool ahhaa... just gotta love them to make them look even more loved...
Back to top Go down
Hachigo Pro

Hachigo Pro

PostSubject: Re: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:33 am

old toyotas are like. the most unique looking cars to me.
Back to top Go down
ktee

PostSubject: Re: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:33 pm

yup, '87 hatch backs were made, i own one.

coupes were always said to be lighter and a bit more rigid.
what's funny though, is that i see more hatches being used for extreme builds.

i always liked the hatch better; has a more sportier look.
but, to each his own.
Back to top Go down
Hachigo Pro

Hachigo Pro

PostSubject: Re: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:16 pm

ktee wrote:
yup, '87 hatch backs were made, i own one.

coupes were always said to be lighter and a bit more rigid.
what's funny though, is that i see more hatches being used for extreme builds.

i always liked the hatch better; has a more sportier look.
but, to each his own.

hatches have better aero is why. plus the general public recognize the hatch more than the coupes.
Back to top Go down
AE8valveSOHCA

AE8valveSOHCA

PostSubject: Re: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:00 am

after im done ill post some pictures of my buccet... shes nothing major crazy like a gts or anything... just a plain ol sr5... something really funny and fun ya kno... thats what im after... i just want my car to look crazy sicc... but bone stocc haha... go coupes... ahmm... and hatches... hahha kiddin... go corollas...
Back to top Go down
inagawa

PostSubject: Re: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:09 am

coupes are the best to me...... fav is a 1981 1/2 toyota corolla hardtop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...   did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???... Empty

Back to top Go down

did you know they only made coupes in 1987???... no ae86 hatches at all... which one do you like better???...
Page 1 of 1