4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New here and to the ae86

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
singleslammer

New here and to the ae86 Empty
PostSubject: New here and to the ae86   New here and to the ae86 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi everyone, I have an 86 corolla sr5. Since I have gotten it I have changed out the clutch, installed tokicko blues and oem GTS springs, installed a weber, and tried to clean the car up. However, When I installed the weber I decided that it would be a good idea to strip out the emission junk. When I did this it made the car have a very high idle and want to die when I am stopping. Any thoughts on this would be great. Also, what would be the next suggestion for improving handling. It turns like a pig and I want to fix that. I was thinking of getting a bushings kit and upgrading to 15s. Thanks, Jordan
Back to top Go down
Patrick

New here and to the ae86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here and to the ae86   New here and to the ae86 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:15 pm

get an alignment, then really good tires. falken makes a ze329's and 912's in 196/60/14 (i am running the 329's and i love them), if you have a little extra to spend and want a really grippy tire, you can try the falken azenis RT-615 in 195/60/14. they wear out fast though.

i have a prothane bushing kit, and it helped, but not that noticeable. the most noticeable improvement came from getting better tires, the next most noticeable and most impressive to me was the strut bar. after i installed it i have had zero understeer.
have a friend with experience help you set your carb's idle adjustments.

also advance your initial timing to 10* btdc, that should help.
Back to top Go down

New here and to the ae86
Page 1 of 1