4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?

Go down 
+19
serchmarc
inagawa
AE82
NotanAE86
EricsFreeAE86
87AE-82
Hachigo_moe
pr0craztinazn
Olivertwist
dilutedspine
4ac_ftw
Punkrampant
RaccoonRacing
KRIS05VVTi
und-R-steer
redpearl
Glock30
84hachi
NP75
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:37 pm

As the titles says what do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? Is it just a dailey driver, a dailey driver that you are looking to modify a bit, a street /strip machine, or a dedicated race car? If you do some sort of motorsport tell us about it.

My Corolla is not my dailey driver, it's my hobby car. So far I have only run it in RallyX, which is kind of like an autotcross but in dirt field instead of a parking lot.
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
84hachi

84hachi

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport SR5 (AE86)

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:12 am

Mine is also not my daily. I bought it so I could restore it and mod it a little. Its more of a weekend car.
Back to top Go down
Glock30

Glock30

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport, 1989 Ford Bronco, 1968 F250

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:11 pm

Was my car was a daily... Till my gf bugged me enough to get something that is comfortable. now I just use it on the weekends. My goal is to get it over to the track and try out some drift events... but for now... just cruising the canyons...
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlinedaily.com
redpearl

redpearl

Car : 1987 corolla sr5 hatchback

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 pm

I sold my 99 civic si that i hardly drove and bought mine in march.I daily drove for about a month after getting it but now take public transit to work to save on gas money plus the area of town i work in is notorious for bad drivers(my old tercel was sideswiped in the parking lot numerous times and its life was ended by someone who switched into my lane without a shoulder check).
so its more of a evening and weekend car. I plan to mod it somewhat but mostly cosmetic as the engine has been dealer maintained all its life and i am satisfied with performance for now. rust repair has been done to both back rockers, Ive got new paint( red with gold pearl in the clear coat so it looks like orange in the sun) .
Back to top Go down
und-R-steer

und-R-steer

Car : 1985 corolla

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:36 am

I've owned a few corollas. Mostly SR5's with 4ac's. My current 4AC corolla is a TOTALLY dedicated RACE / DRIFT car. I'll start my chasis write up soon. But anyway...... Cool I just really love 8 valves.
Back to top Go down
KRIS05VVTi

KRIS05VVTi

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:05 pm

i plan on getting one and it's going to be my weekend car as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/150651141
RaccoonRacing

RaccoonRacing

Car : Many

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:20 pm

This is my trackcar/Daily
Weber 38
232 cam from webcam
accel spark plug wires
tracel dizzy
msd blaser coil
Square tube header
2 1/2 straight pipe to hks hi power
welded diff
cut trd springs

What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? Img222
What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? 3490843568_483ecea158
Back to top Go down
RaccoonRacing

RaccoonRacing

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:25 pm

What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? P1010019

7AC Hatch 1.8=Daily
Back to top Go down
84hachi

84hachi

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport SR5 (AE86)

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Nice car. Its refreshing to see a 86 with a perfect passenger side. (I never show mine, I bought the car with the whole side is messed up, got a new fender but i still need a door and help heh)
Back to top Go down
Punkrampant

Punkrampant

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Building mine to be mt economical commuter car. Going to be putting on approximately 320km per day commuting to school and back.
Back to top Go down
4ac_ftw

4ac_ftw

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:57 pm

RaccoonRacing wrote:
This is my trackcar/Daily
Weber 38
232 cam from webcam
accel spark plug wires
tracel dizzy
msd blaser coil
Square tube header
2 1/2 straight pipe to hks hi power
welded diff
cut trd springs

What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? Img222
What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? 3490843568_483ecea158

nice setup yoiu got there Cool
Back to top Go down
dilutedspine

dilutedspine

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:41 pm

Mine was my half daily driver until the carb decided to not let the car idle any more. So its sitting the driveway waiting for me to have the time to pull it apart. scratch I don't know a thing about carbs... this is gonna be fun.
Back to top Go down
Olivertwist

Olivertwist

PostSubject: ae71   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 4:01 am

i had a corolla well still have it but no engine at this time still looking for one down here in the atl use to drift the engine and the car alot was my dd but to many tires
straight pipe weber carb striped flat black and fast as hell
Back to top Go down
pr0craztinazn

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:45 am

I daily drove my car for 3 years until the summer of '07 when the front calipers froze and I had to source replacements. When I couldn't do this in a reasonable amount of time, I bought my Altima and the Corolla hasn't been daily driven since. When it was daily driven, it was autocrossed and saw a track day (got passed by everyone Embarassed ).
Back to top Go down
Hachigo_moe

Hachigo_moe

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptySun May 24, 2009 2:54 pm

My car is a daily driver and i try drifting when ever i get a chance (hate the Initial D paint job to common ).
Back to top Go down
87AE-82

87AE-82

Car : 1987 Corolla FWD

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:25 pm

I have a 87 ae82 which right now i use for a garage filler until i finish my engine and install it then it will be a daily driver. It's also wrecked so it very pretty so when i get my money in order and get a new car its going to be a hornet car if you guys know what that is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/fredtflail
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:26 pm

My 4AC powered vehicle sits in my father-in-law's driveway; where it's been for the last 8-9 years. They said I could have it if I got it running. It was running when it was parked; I just haven't had enough time/money to really tear it apart yet. No

It's a 1986 AE86 SR5 5-speed, square body! Only rust is under the taillights and I'll take care of that before I get it painted. Pretty good X-mas present, huh?

I put a new battery in it to see what's what. It spins but won't fire. I have a new coil/wires/plugs/cap to put on. I did a compression test and have little to no compression in all 4 cylinders. Low compression is most likely caused by the oil in the rings having drained down after years of sitting. Should be easy fix; just get oil on top of cylinders and turn with wrench to work down. The two cylinders with zero compression; I pulled the valve cover and found 3 valves stuck open. There goes the compression. So I'm going to get a complete head kit and replace all the gaskets/seals from the head up. That oughtta free the stuck valves.

Anybody know what ten year old gas smells like? I do! cheers Thank goodness there is a drain plug for the tank. And even more thank goodness for a 86'er in SoCal that gave me his old tank and sending unit. Mine was rusted horribly.
Back to top Go down
RaccoonRacing

RaccoonRacing

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:42 am

What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? Img242

my new setup on my trackcar
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
NotanAE86

Car : 83 2 door sedan

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:51 am

My 83 (after I bought it) was a daily driver with weekend racing (from Drifting, drags, road course time trials to autocrossin, rally crossing and flat out hauling it(went 143 miles without the speedo unpegging)

Now after a misshap reringing (got one of the bearings flipped on reassembly) causing a rod knock and a fresh rebuild (since it was way cheaper than a 4a-GE swap with a trans), I'm daily driving and slowly restoring.... well restoring isn't quite right. more like straightning and modifying.

Plan on redoing the factory shape of the dash in fiberglass with some minor changes.

One thing about being on the east coast is in the local area there are 2 early 80's corollas, one a stock AE71/72 ish station wagon(only seen it in passing) and mine.
Back to top Go down
AE82

AE82

Car : 1984 AE82 Sedan-Sold 1996 Acura Integra RS daily driven

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:29 am

Daily driver, Wanna mod it for more power..then put some stiff lowering springs and hit the canyon harder and faster
Back to top Go down
inagawa

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:27 pm

my car is being built for circuit and daliy driving... its really going to be a one of a kind car.
Back to top Go down
AE82

AE82

Car : 1984 AE82 Sedan-Sold 1996 Acura Integra RS daily driven

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 pm

RaccoonRacing wrote:
What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? Img242

my new setup on my trackcar

That's sweeeeet Raccoon. What's your setup engine wise? What's after martket? Brands? Prices? Once again looks sweet
Back to top Go down
serchmarc

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 pm

NP75 wrote:
As the titles says what do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? Is it just a dailey driver, a dailey driver that you are looking to modify a bit, a street /strip machine, or a dedicated race car? If you do some sort of motorsport tell us about it.

My Corolla is not my dailey driver, it's my hobby car. So far I have only run it in RallyX, which is kind of like an autotcross but in dirt field instead of a parking lot.

hahaha themods i did to my 3AU
like u see

lol! lol! lol! lol!
nothing

YET!!!! Twisted Evil
What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? 000_2420
Back to top Go down
pepsx12

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:29 am

touge beast my goal is to beat takumi one day and kill all the panda 86's out there and hope he dies!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?   What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you do with your 4AC powered vehicle?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next