4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?

Go down 
+14
thepaul
und-R-steer
suprastarr
Tig
my87fx
92gsr
ae*86killer
darko83
Driftoy
HachiRolla
EricsFreeAE86
jjstabs
ae86<3
8Ton
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:24 am

Do you have any headers built yet to show pics?
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

Car : AE86 SR5

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:52 pm

I don't. I do have a picture of the new exhaust only flange and sent the drawing to the machine shop and got the prices for those.

I'll post up the picture of the new flange when I get home.
Back to top Go down
und-R-steer

und-R-steer

Car : 1985 corolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:12 am

Well I'm glad someone has picked up where I left off. Your flanges and bases look alot like mine. From what I can tell you've invested about as much time and money into this as I did. My stump in the road came with hard times. We all see hard times at some time in our lives. Promises with good intentions get set aside for later days and soon forgotten. How are you coming about the actual tubes ? The only fit is a close radius mandrel bend. 2 inch to be exact. The machine retails for around $100,000.00 with no tooling. So are you piecing them together with pre-bent pieces ? or have you found a mandrel company to accept your design ? Oh, and for the collector, is that also being made or just sourced from jegs.

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 DSCN0697

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 Flangebase_zps3df45958

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 Headerflange_zps92c94114

Tell me, when it's all said and done, ... after the designing, cutting, bending, welding, and materials, how much will you have spent ? How much will the headers cost ? If you don't own your own machines, how much of your money will you venture into spending to make this a reality.

To quote someone who asked me once, " Not saying nothing, just saying"

best of luck
Back to top Go down
jjstabs

jjstabs

Car : AE72 Battle Wagon

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Are these gonna be tuned length headers that actually make power?
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:44 am

That's the idea, I've already started calculating the lengths, that's also why we're going to the cat and replacing the factory down pipe.
Back to top Go down
Tig

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:21 pm

und-R-steer wrote:
Well I'm glad someone has picked up where I left off. Your flanges and bases look alot like mine. From what I can tell you've invested about as much time and money into this as I did. My stump in the road came with hard times. We all see hard times at some time in our lives. Promises with good intentions get set aside for later days and soon forgotten. How are you coming about the actual tubes ? The only fit is a close radius mandrel bend. 2 inch to be exact. The machine retails for around $100,000.00 with no tooling. So are you piecing them together with pre-bent pieces ? or have you found a mandrel company to accept your design ? Oh, and for the collector, is that also being made or just sourced from jegs.

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 DSCN0697

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 Flangebase_zps3df45958

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 Headerflange_zps92c94114

Tell me, when it's all said and done, ... after the designing, cutting, bending, welding, and materials, how much will you have spent ? How much will the headers cost ? If you don't own your own machines, how much of your money will you venture into spending to make this a reality.

To quote someone who asked me once, " Not saying nothing, just saying"

best of luck

und-R-Steer,
You have asked quite a few interesting questions.

Hachi,
Can you respond to any of the questions und-R-Steer has asked?

$350 seems reasonable for a flat rate but, starting at $350. Thats getting a little more techincial than I think it needs to be. You should concentrate on building it as a production based item, make a jig and build off of that. Simple, quick and to the point. No need to make them different, unless you wanted to make a shorty from the same jig. When it comes down to it, anyone who is going to buy one is more than likely going to be building a complete exhaust anyway. With it being a 4 cylinder, buiding an exhaust would be very easy or buying and modifying would be just as easy. Thats just my .02

I know you can buy donuts for those (close fit) tight bends, you can get crafty with buying mandrel bends.

Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Absolutely, I apologize I've been somewhat quiet here as I've been fairly busy here lately. We're looking at using pre-bent pieces for these headers, primarily because the demand is not enough to justify full scale production and invest in the tooling and machinery to do all of it in-house. The collector is up in the air at this point, that can either be fabricated or bought. Based on the tubing size it may be easier to fabricate. To me it's not really all about the money, this is a limited market with hardly any aftermarket support. If I can make somebody happy with one of these old motors and they can go out and play then I'm all for it. Now, I'm not going to lose money on this, but I'm not in it for the money. I've been told many times that if you do what you do for the money you'll be disappointed with the results, but if you do what you do and you do it well, people will throw money at you.

Tig, as far as the price, as much as I like a flat rate, one trick price I don't feel like it fits the customers needs, I can only do so much at this point but if bungs need welded in of flanges need to be substituted then I want that to be available, to meet the customers needs. The only reason I'm doing this if for those of you who are looking for a decent set of real headers for a 4AC powered RWD Corolla, or other 4AC projects. The truth is, my corolla wont even be powered by a 4AC engine when I'm done with it, I'm looking at a full custom 22R turbo build with a tremec five and some beefy rear end, likely out of a ford something or other. So if at this point you wonder why I'm interested in building headers for a motor I won't even use, it's because there is a demand for a product that I have the capability to produce whereas the market refuses.
Back to top Go down
Tig

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:24 pm

I'm very impressed Hachi, you seem like a smart little whipper snapper.
Stick with it man, you will make quite a few people happy. I do like the idea of bungs and different flanges, even v-bands.

Now, you brought up something of interest. A Tremec TKO and Ford rear end. I saw this build, it was a Starlet with a 3tc and Tremec.. Shit was insane.
Speaking of rear ends, hah. I'm in the process of building a jig to convert a GTS rear to a Ford 8.8. I hate not having a LS diff, one wheel peel is just not cool, hah.
Check this out http://www.kp61.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5502

Keep up the good work man.
Back to top Go down
thepaul

thepaul

Car : 1987 Corolla FX

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:19 am

Neat! Count me as a future flange customer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbkits.com
todo_school

Car : 1983 Corolla 2dr

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Any updates on actual headers yet? If not do you still have any flanges left?
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 am

I have access to flanges, the one that I had I used to build an intake for a rack of MC carbs. Right now I'm putting money into my car and shop. I have a set of tires to mount on my new wheels but I have to sandblast and paint the wheels before I mount the tires, so I'm saving up for a sandblaster, which I should have by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
todo_school

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:38 am

How long are you looking fora flange? I'm looking to start putting togethera header/intake
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:02 am

I can have one shipped by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
todo_school

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 am

That's fast, I don't quite need it that soon. I'll pick one up from you though in about 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
todo_school

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 am

What is the best size tubing to use for the intake and exhaust?
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 pm

We planned on either 1-5/16" or 1-3/8" for the exhaust and I used 1-1/2" for the intake when I attached MC carbs, but there was no special engineering there, you may want to do some research, or maybe someone else can chime in here?
Back to top Go down
carlo86

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Any updates on the headers? I'm interested
Back to top Go down
gobie49

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:22 am

Did you ever finish one or come up with a price for the flange?
Back to top Go down
SidewaysEightSix

SidewaysEightSix

Car : 86' AE86/84' AE86/85' AE86/81' KP61/09' Scion xB

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 12:53 pm

Im in for an exhaust flange. its time for me to build an exhaust for this car.
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:40 pm

I can have flanges shipped to your door for $80, lead time is probably about two weeks. Send me a private message if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3