4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?

Go down 
+14
thepaul
und-R-steer
suprastarr
Tig
my87fx
92gsr
ae*86killer
darko83
Driftoy
HachiRolla
EricsFreeAE86
jjstabs
ae86<3
8Ton
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Well guess what? Longer exhaust runner means the intake tubes will be stretched, and that helps atomization and builds power THROUGHOUT the powerband.
4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 Tumblr_m2agjybsV51rnvwt1

All side drafts share a common mount, Weber, Mikuni, Solex, Delorto, whatever. Do you can easily buy a gasket and trace out a flange. For free I found this diagram with pretty specific dimensions that you gotta have, since the bolt holes are offset from the center at a specific angle.
4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 Dcoe_dimension_gaskets
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

Car : AE86 SR5

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 pm

I did find quite a few of those drawings. I wasn't sure if the flange for a 45DCOE was going to be the same as a 40DCOE. I've started a 3D model with flanges for the 45DCOE drawings I found online and started drawing headers out, are we looking for 4-1 or Tri-Y headers?

One other thing that comes to mind is the transfer of heat from the exhaust side to the intake side, if our exhaust is 500* and we're throwing fuel at the intake thats drawing heat from the same assembly it may vaporize/ignite the fuel before it makes it to the cylinder. I'll finish the drawing anyways and post it up.

Edit:
The start mentioned above:
4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 Header_Base-4AC_zps4475f2ea
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Holy snap that was fast, and exactly what I had in my head. Go nuts with the heat wrap! Makes me want to go back to a 4AC head lol.
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Ya know there are companies that will cut you a decent cam and others who can port and polish and you'll have whatever you want! What I've found in my research is that these 4 bangers will benefit more from a 4-1 as opposed to a Tri-Y.

I'll finish up the drawing with a 4-1 collector and try to have it posted tonight.
Back to top Go down
92gsr

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Any updates? That 4-1 collector is exactly what I am looking for.
Back to top Go down
8Ton

Car : AW11

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 am

Mike is Mid-move (shop and all!) He will be back to kicking ass and making headers soon!

Eric, I've got an *Ac head, I will trade you! lol
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Well my problem is not the head or ignition parts that are related, my problem right now is the carbs, which would be put on a 4AC head, and STILL be a problem lol.
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 am

Sounds like you need some big injectors and a big turbo! Forget the carbs!
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Those will be for the built 2RZ Taco motor I'll do next. cheers
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Once I get all settled in here at the new place and in my new position at work I'll start back up on this project and get some headers built.
Back to top Go down
my87fx

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:37 pm

just wanted to say im impressed with your drawings and would deffinately consider purchasing some sort of flange/set up from you after you've made your adjustments an wat not
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 pm

I've got one ready to go, bolts right up. Are you looking for just the flange or headers?
Back to top Go down
8Ton

Car : AW11

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 pm

PICS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ae86<3

ae86<3

Car : 86 corolla sr5

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Pics plz I'm so down to buy need more powa=)
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 pm

I've only got the flange at this point but I'll get a pic up.
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:23 pm

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 DSCN0158_zps5b7f2407
Back to top Go down
ae86<3

ae86<3

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 am

Sweet when do u think u will have headers?
Back to top Go down
my87fx

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 12:11 pm

interested in headers really, or the flange that would allow my stock intake, mines 4alc, i know the intake drops down a slight bit for hood clearance but other than that i think its identical, but how much for that one(pictured)
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Yours is FWD? I'd have to find another one like yours to build headers, I could build headers for any of the 4AC RWD cars. The flange is pretty beefy so the machine shop is proud of it. I'm not sure that I could sell the flange alone because it would cost $75 shipped. If someone here is genuinely interested in a set of headers for a RWD Rolla I'll order some tubing and build one.
Back to top Go down
ae86<3

ae86<3

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 am

I'm. Intrested Ihave a 86 sr5 4acengine
Pm me
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:27 am

PM'd!
Back to top Go down
Tig

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:38 pm

$75 for a flange shipped isnt bad at all.
What are you charging for a complete header?
What are they made of?

I dont remember who I sent a PM to but I havent heard back from anyone.
Back to top Go down
HachiRolla

HachiRolla

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Sorry Tig, I just saw your message.

I was just getting ready to post up prices in here. The flange would be $75 shipped and the headers will start at $350 for bolt in, more if any ports need to be added and possibly less if we don't need to set up the flange to the catalytic converter (so that you could custom build the exhaust all the way back).

The flange is solid mild steel, .375" thick. I can manufacture in your choice of materials on a case by case price. I'm going to finish the exhaust only flange tonight and if somebody is interested in the full header I'll have some cut out.
Back to top Go down
ae86<3

ae86<3

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:00 pm

HachiRolla wrote:

I was just getting ready to post up prices in here. The flange would be $75 shipped and the headers will start at $350 for bolt in, more if any ports need to be added and possibly less if we don't need to set up the flange to the catalytic converter (so that you could custom build the exhaust all the way back).

The flange is solid mild steel, .375" thick. I can manufacture in your choice of materials on a case by case price. I'm going to finish the exhaust only flange tonight and if somebody is interested in the full header I'll have some cut out.

Pics bro!!! I'm still intrested
Back to top Go down
ae86<3

ae86<3

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:03 pm

HachiRolla wrote:

Pics bro!!! I'm still intrested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?   4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

4AC Header flange and/or Headers to be made-Who needs one?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next