4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power Windows??

Go down 
+2
dilutedspine
projektlevin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
projektlevin

projektlevin

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyTue May 26, 2009 2:26 pm

has anyone actually done this on the corollas....because since i cant find a driver door manual crank....i decided to covnert them to power windows....has anyone done them??
Back to top Go down
dilutedspine

dilutedspine

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:28 pm

I've never seen it done but it would probably be pretty BA.
Back to top Go down
projektlevin

projektlevin

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:06 am

i have seen it in the club4ag forums it has been done i guess in the later models came with power everything including windows and these came from the factory but i researched and found there is oem ones out there and there is aftermarket universal ones.
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:26 am

You really could not find a window crank at a wrecking yard in So Cal? Or do you have an odd colored interior or something like that?
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
projektlevin

projektlevin

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:21 pm

NP75 wrote:
You really could not find a window crank at a wrecking yard in So Cal? Or do you have an odd colored interior or something like that?

no the wrecking yards out here in the desert dont carry my car and i have been looking for a bout a year now and i got tired of looking...now im waiting to see if anybody in the corolla forums has like and extra driver side door so i can yank it out of that one
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:00 pm

If you ever make it out to the coast there are almost allways AE86 Corollas at the wrecking yards I go to (SD and LA).
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
projektlevin

projektlevin

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:31 pm

i think right now my best bet is to find someone who parting out an 86...and just find out if they have doors
Back to top Go down
84hachi

84hachi

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport SR5 (AE86)

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Auto parts stores sell them in the help department if that cant happen I will be happy to oblige my services and mail you one. (in the auto parts stores they only come in black) so pm me if you would require my services.
Back to top Go down
projektlevin

projektlevin

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:18 am

84Hachi wrote:
Auto parts stores sell them in the help department if that cant happen I will be happy to oblige my services and mail you one. (in the auto parts stores they only come in black) so pm me if you would require my services.

ok so i did some research and i know that 87 corolla came with power everything and i also found out that you can put a universal power window regulator....but your manual window regulator has to be working properly in order the power window to work properly i saw panda garage 86 and they have a universal kit installed in theirs...i know auto loc has lifetime warranty on their universal kits....so im thinking on going that route, meanning going with a universal power window kit
Back to top Go down
Hachigo Pro

Hachigo Pro

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:24 pm

my buddy does power windows and locks all day in 86's

power windows is nothing more than a power window kit.

and power locks is just a power locks kit.

all that you have to do is mount the actuators for the locks and all that jazz. then wire it up. its really easy.
Back to top Go down
projektlevin

projektlevin

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:04 pm

Hachigo Pro wrote:
my buddy does power windows and locks all day in 86's

power windows is nothing more than a power window kit.

and power locks is just a power locks kit.

all that you have to do is mount the actuators for the locks and all that jazz. then wire it up. its really easy.

how much does he charge??
Back to top Go down
Hachigo Pro

Hachigo Pro

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

im not sure. look up the al & eds in northridge. its around the corner from northridge toyota.
Back to top Go down
Glock30

Glock30

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport, 1989 Ford Bronco, 1968 F250

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 am

I was thinking about getting something like this in my old ford: [url=Ebay Power Window Kit]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER-WINDOW-KIT-motors-3-switches-Universal-car-2-DOOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem33538c67ceQQitemZ220445042638QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories[/url]. I never did due to having 3 project cars... but one day that is the plan Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlinedaily.com
Hachigo Pro

Hachigo Pro

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 4:32 pm

yup thats pretty much all it is. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Power Windows?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Windows??   Power Windows?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Windows??
Page 1 of 1