4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gas Tank Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SoCalAE82

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello guys, I am curious. I know this is probably not the best place to ask this question, but its worth a try right Smile. Besides a gas tank and fuel lines etc etc from a fx16. What are my option opposed to getting a gas tank straight bolt on besides from fx16. Any information would be great. Thank you
Back to top Go down
rumsawatti

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:24 am

has to be a carbed gas tank right? got me buddy...
Back to top Go down
yellowsnow4free

yellowsnow4free

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:17 am

Hey SoCalAE82,

I'm a little confused by your question.

What car do you have? What gas tank does it currently have? What are you trying to do?

Just wanted to ask so others might find it clearer, and can then answer your question Smile
Back to top Go down
SoCalAE82

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:34 pm

My bad lol, I have a 88 Corolla Fx with a 4ac in it currently. I am debating on either sticking with it or goes with a 4agze or 20v swap. But I am currently doing so research on what I need before hand.
Back to top Go down
rumsawatti

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Soo then, not carbed..unfortunately, i dont know a whole lot about fx16 compatibility. Maybe tercel stuff?
Back to top Go down
SoCalAE82

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Sweet fuel tank was this is what i have found.

FX16 GTS
4 Cyl 1.6L
FWD, 35" x 24-1/8" x 8-1/4", Lock Ring Kit Included
FX16
4 Cyl 1.6L
FX
4 Cyl 1.6L
DLX All Trac
4 Cyl 1.6L
DLX
4 Cyl 1.6L
GTS
4 Cyl 1.6L
LE
4 Cyl 1.6L
SR5 All Trac
4 Cyl 1.6L
SR5
4 Cyl 1.6L
Base
4 Cyl 1.6L
Back to top Go down
yellowsnow4free

yellowsnow4free

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:32 am

So you have a 1988 Corolla FX, a car that looks something like this?

Gas Tank Question D647535484_640

Just double-checking, as your username says "AE82", which to me means something more like this:

Gas Tank Question $_20

Then again, I'm not too familiar with the chassis codes on these cars.

So assuming you have a 1988 Corolla FX with a 4AC, you want to swap to a 4AG, 4AGZE, or 20v 4AG, right?

Since you'd be going from carb'd to EFI, I guess the easiest method would be to pull everything from a FX16 GTS (4AG) first.

Unfortunately a quick Google search didn't lead to any solid results. Most 4AC to 4AG guides are meant for an AE86, although I'll bet a lot of the work is the same.

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=6239

I'd be willing to bet the engine stuff is the same; not sure on the transmission or brakes though.

Once you swap from the 4AC to a 4AG, a 4AGZE / 20v 4AG should be pretty simple.

Any chance you can pickup a cheap FX16 GTS in your area? A complete parts car would probably be easiest.
Back to top Go down
SoCalAE82

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:58 pm

I am always on the look out for a fx16 in my area, craigs anywhere near california/the junk yards. I do have a Fx in the first picture, and it is still considered an AE82. It says it on my cars chassis in the engine bay.

I was told that all 4A/A series motors all bolt on the same, same with trannys. Worst case scenario I will just reuse my transmission I have now and throw in one of the 4ag's depending on what I find first and etc. I may start to grab things here and their before purchasing the engine. Possibly get a little suspension/rear disc breaks from a fx16. I need to get a gas tank and possibly the fuel lines.

I really want to just find a fx16 for a decent price and just build from that foundation, but that is not going to be easy. People are trying to sell their fx16 for like almost 3k, they can just kick rocks. If that were the case I would just buy a better overall car. Maybe get myself another st165 Celica Alltrac and do a st205 swap and raise the boost and kick ass Smile
Back to top Go down
yellowsnow4free

yellowsnow4free

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:01 pm

SoCalAE82 wrote:
I am always on the look out for a fx16 in my area, craigs anywhere near california/the junk yards. I do have a Fx in the first picture, and it is still considered an AE82. It says it on my cars chassis in the engine bay.

I was told that all 4A/A series motors all bolt on the same, same with trannys. Worst case scenario I will just reuse my transmission I have now and throw in one of the 4ag's depending on what I find first and etc. I may start to grab things here and their before purchasing the engine. Possibly get a little suspension/rear disc breaks from a fx16. I need to get a gas tank and possibly the fuel lines.

I really want to just find a fx16 for a decent price and just build from that foundation, but that is not going to be easy. People are trying to sell their fx16 for like almost 3k, they can just kick rocks. If that were the case I would just buy a better overall car. Maybe get myself another st165 Celica Alltrac and do a st205 swap and raise the  boost and kick ass Smile
Ah, kk, that clears up a lot.

Sounds like you know what you're doing; good luck with your project! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gas Tank Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Question   Gas Tank Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas Tank Question
Page 1 of 1