4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.

Go down 
+3
jinsoku
red rolla
overdrive418
7 posters
AuthorMessage
overdrive418

overdrive418

Car : 86 AE86 SR5 RWD

Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Empty
PostSubject: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:06 am

I like the idea of having a car that looks rough around the edges. Not perfect but somehow perfect, much like a hotrod or ratrod, whatever term you prefer. I also like the idea of a Japanese Ace Airplane scheme. so with my car now mostly white these are the final two versions I'm going with. The rear trunk lip is white, the game won't let me change the color.

Version A:
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. FlyOst86frt-1
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. FlyOst86rear-1

Version B:
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. FlyOstWhtfront-1
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. FlyOstWhtrear-1

*Both versions will feature a large red "Rising Sun" circle that will also serve as a place to put my SCCA magnetic numbers, as well as Army style block letters with my "Flying Ostrich" call sign/race team (font in pics is for illustrative purposes only).
*Both versions will also include small on-purpose blemish marks/streaks sanded out to look like its been driven hard and fast, like an old fighter plane would have. You know, something that looks old but could still kick your ass! You can see I've added some streaking in the Version B pics. When I'm done I'm going to have it professionally sealed and cleared with a matte UV clearcoat.
*Version A may or may not include hood art (not necessarily the art shown), its still an idea I'm toying with to blend in the black bumpers a little better.
*The wheels shown are close to what I'm getting for the real car, 15x7 polished lip with custom bronze or deep gold centers (game pic makes them look darker than I'm shooting for).

So which looks better, Version A or Version B?
Back to top Go down
overdrive418

overdrive418

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:25 am

Here's some of my inspiration:

Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Zerologo
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. A6m
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Stock-vector-japanese-ww-plane-with-banzai-inscription-11013886
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. 400_F_7932343_1uaiN0Cj25p91sTih96IEEx8qgNmpsAg

I like this look but I want mine to be a lot more polished, not as raw looking.
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. JCCS2010-193_NissanFairladyZ_Datsun240Z_S30
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. IMG_7045-yuta-akaishi-shakotan-Z-low-down-slammed-copy
Back to top Go down
red rolla

red rolla

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:35 pm

I like version 2 better but if you could work some black into the front it would look more like those Zeros. I don't think the hood art would go with the battle weathered theme unless it's like a mural of Zeros flying low over the stormy Pacific or something.
Back to top Go down
jinsoku

jinsoku

Car : ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:59 pm

out of the choices....

version B

kouki or jdm(blacked out) kouki marker lights....

kouki eyelids or CF

cf headlight covers

carbon fiber/carbon kevlar oem hood or cf dmax hood

14/15 inch rims

at least 7.5 inches wide

at most +10 but would stick with 0 or low negative

redline tail lights

aggressive stance and you got a fighter....

*if you dont do any of that at least use kouki eyelids and markers...

Back to top Go down
JohnAE82

JohnAE82

Car : 1985 AE-82 sedan

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:01 am

I would vote for version A, mostly because of the hood art, but I also think the black bumpers/side skirts go with the theme more.
Back to top Go down
NIXmx

NIXmx

Car : Too many Toyotas

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:02 am

jinsoku wrote:

*if you dont do any of that at least use kouki eyelids and markers...

That made my night.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
overdrive418

overdrive418

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:28 am

jinsoku wrote:
if you dont do any of that at least use kouki eyelids and markers...
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. BodyPaint016
The headlights already have caps on them (I'm guessing thats the eyelids) that I painted black. In Forza its hard to black them out without color spill because of the way the graphics editor split the hood from the front bumper so I just left them white.
red rolla wrote:
I like version 2 better but if you could work some black into the front it would look more like those Zeros. I don't think the hood art would go with the battle weathered theme unless it's like a mural of Zeros flying low over the stormy Pacific or something.
Here is what it would look like without the hood art and just a black front bumper, more like the plane design. I personally think it looks like something is missing, like the bumper was either an afterthought or just too lazy to paint or something. This is why I figured I'd just paint the whole kit black and also the wheel arches to unify and finish it a little bit more.
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. FlyOstaltf
Also brightened up the wheels in game so it looks closer to what I'm after:
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. FlyOstaltr

Last edited by overdrive418 on Tue May 24, 2011 9:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
overdrive418

overdrive418

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:47 am

Also the hood art is optional and most likely if I go that route I'll have it vinyl wrapped. I have a TON of art to choose from but would either go traditional with something like this:
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Kabuki-makeup
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Miyamoto_Musashi_killing_a_giant_nue2
Or more modern with traditional flavor to it like this (love this artist BTW):
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Samuraikaguya
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Douwae020
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Kishi02
Or maybe even just some crazy shit like this!:
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. B79be5722a319c1d9d329f91c3fe0e67f2b6b53c

Like I said though, at the moment its optional, just trying to get the main body straight for now.
If I decide to do the hood I'm sure I'll ask for another vote!
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:49 am

I vote for crazy shit. I couldn't pull that off, and I push a purple car with gold wheels. cheers But for wheels, let's go a little farther. Bassett Racing steelies. Paint em whatever baller color, crazy long wheel studs and open end nuts. I'm thinking 14x8 front and 14x10 rear. Don't even try to make em fit under the car.
Back to top Go down
NIXmx

NIXmx

Car : Too many Toyotas

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:57 pm

overdrive418 wrote:
Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Samuraikaguya

This has my vote. I wouldn't mind that on my wall either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
red rolla

red rolla

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I agree with NIXmx on the art; that piece is awesome and would look good on a white car with black and red. I guess after seeing the black on front only it does look mismatched compared to the white rear bumper. I like the kit painted to match the car because so many others already have black bumpers.
Back to top Go down
wattsupbr86

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:44 pm

as for the art are you gonna airbrush it on then clear oever it? how do you plan to do that
Back to top Go down
jinsoku

jinsoku

Car : ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:29 pm

I like the art NIXmx picked too....

i think the white kit and black front bumper w/painted top is nice...

according to the pic of the plane you want the black in front anyway.

i think it'll look even more lazy if you paint the kit black, like you got the kit and just painted it black to throw on there...
it looks cleaner white and the white top on the front bumper is a nice touch..

try adding some rear overfenders with rivets!
drop it and low offset it....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.   Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote. Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Paint Ideas, Need your vote.
Page 1 of 1