New member!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
maloner

Car : 1985 Toyota Corolla Ae86 GT-S/1985 Toyota Corolla AE86 Sr5

PostSubject: Re: New member!   Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:15 am

Glock30 wrote:
Honestly the only reason that there have been any 4ac sites is because there was too much 4ac hate on club4ag. However, they do have a lot of suspension know how. Seeing as our suspensions closely resemble their 4ag powered counter parts, it only makes sense to get information from wherever it is available. All you have to do is sort through the bull shit "just swap it" attitude, and you will be fine. Yeah the 4ag is a better motor, but some of us would rather work with what we have.

I usually post what I know and what I want to know here, but they do have a few good people still there that are willing to answer questions no matter the motor. If it is 4ac related... then I try to link people from club4ag over here so that they can see there are a lot of people working with 4acs and know how to fix them. Suspension wise though, they are not a bad resource.

Edit: BTW... to answer your original question about 4 links, like DjSpecter said... for sure change the bushings first. Personally though, I don't think there is really a need to swap out the 4links... just stick to urethane busings. Unless you really need to correct your pinion angle from slamming the car. Razz

I'll definitely keep that in mind when I'm on 4ag forums and try to direct interested parties to this site!

Recently looked at my bank balance, and there will be no mods coming for the AE86 any time soon, except some tires for winter Crying or Very sad oh well, I'll have something to think about over winter. The full 4 link setup however is quite attractive however, i'm not sure about just urethane bushings haha but thanks for advice, i appreciate it Glock30!!

Back to top Go down
Glock30

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport, 1989 Ford Bronco, 1968 F250

PostSubject: Re: New member!   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:09 pm

maloner wrote:
I'll definitely keep that in mind when I'm on 4ag forums and try to direct interested parties to this site!

Recently looked at my bank balance, and there will be no mods coming for the AE86 any time soon, except some tires for winter Crying or Very sad oh well, I'll have something to think about over winter. The full 4 link setup however is quite attractive however, i'm not sure about just urethane bushings haha but thanks for advice, i appreciate it Glock30!!

I will tell you at least what my plan is... I want to get some of the battle version ones. They have a urethane one one end and the hiem joint (or whatever it is called) on the other. I have a megan panhard rod on the rear, and want to change it to something that doesn't have hiems on both sides. Now that I have a welded rear, I think it is too harsh for the 26 year old frame... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlinedaily.com

New member!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2