4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you get your 4ac powered car

Go down 
+25
kainthao
Agent_Smith
Kyalami
FuzzyFish
NIXmx
Cavi Mike
4DR_AE82
steamjam
Glock30
hachigoku
slowtec
jay
trueno_85
EvolutionGTS
EricsFreeAE86
squish_m8
87AE-82
heeroborn
imdockin1
84hachi
moonerdizzle
NotanAE86
87AE86Corolla
JohnAE82
Lawnie420
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NIXmx

NIXmx

Car : Too many Toyotas

How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:37 pm

steamjam wrote:
hehehe. I don't even have a 4AC car yet. All I have is a set of 1920s Oldsmobile headlights, a 4AC head and intake manifold, and a few odds and ends. I figure I'll eventually have an entire car.. Smile

As the mechanic from MAD MAX famously said:

"You know.. a piece from here, a piece from there... "
How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 68346-11779

I can vouch. What a Face

My first 4AC powered car was a 1984 Corolla SR5 hatch. I bought it after my '91 MR2, '95 Avalon XLE, and '85 Corolla SR5 (no engine, not 4AC powered) coupe burned down in a garage explosion/fire. I bought the car from a friend because I needed a ride. I knew exactly what it was and whatnot. I foolishly ripped out the 4AC in favor for a blacktop 20v 4AGE. I'm sure most of you won't mind that Wink. But if I had known better, I would have kept the 4AC.

Second 4AC powered car is my 1983 Corolla DLX (wagon). I traded my '90 Cressida straight across for it. It came from Bosie Idaho.
I'll post more info later, I need to get going. BUT I'll leave you with pictures.

How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 49c52e3a
How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 L_9a6a9f91b5bb44da42b4ecf743d33930
How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 P3150011
How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 P3150012
Yikes. Look at the gas prices!!
How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 P4120089
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
steamjam

steamjam

Car : 1980 Corolla, and a bunch of 4AC parts..

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 pm

NIXmx wrote:

How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 P3150012

I still want to buy yer wagon.. If not for any other reason than the interior decor. Makes me want to buy bell bottom pants and butterfly collar shirts... Smile

Back to top Go down
FuzzyFish

Car : 86 Corolla SR-5

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Not a terribly interesting story. Bought a rotted out one, that I thought had a toasted engine. Planned on swapping an old carbed 2.3L from a pinto that I had laying around, turned out the headgasket was bridged between 3 & 4. Replaced that instead drove it for 20kish made it from NY, to TX, to SC. Found a second red one in SC with crap interior. Swapped interior and sold the rusty one for parts.

On a side note, a front sump ford 2.3L fits very easily. Engine mounts need fabbed to go 1 inch more forward otherwise it fully clears, good option to make power with the larger aftermarket support, overall greater strength.
Back to top Go down
Kyalami

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:20 pm

I was still in high school and everyday on m way to school I would pass by this house and you could kind of see the car in the backyard, I wassent sure it was a ae86, I thought I was one of those accords, till one day that u took a good look at so one day after school I asked the old man if he was selling the car, he just said give me $100 and get it out of hear. The next day I picked it up, the car was a fixeruper, I friend had told me that they used the car to tow things to LA or San Jose on the weekends and to move the field pipes on the weekdays, it was running on 3 cylinders, with some kind of Frankenstein distributor, blown shocks, trunk full of semi oil, crashed front bumper, worn out gaskets everywhere, but for $100 it was still a deal.
Back to top Go down
Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm working on my fourth hachiroku.

1. 85 Coupe SR5 purchased from a member through Club4ag.com ($800)
2. 84 Liftback SR5 was received as a gift (Free)
3. 85 Liftback SR5 purchased through Craigslist ($1,000)
4. 86 Liftback SR5 purchased from a member through Club4ag.com ($1,000)

I love these RWD AE86s!

Agent_Smith
Back to top Go down
slowtec

slowtec

Car : 1984 Corolla SR5 Hatchback

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Agent_Smith wrote:
I'm working on my fourth hachiroku.

1. 85 Coupe SR5 purchased from a member through Club4ag.com ($800)
2. 84 Liftback SR5 was received as a gift (Free)
3. 85 Liftback SR5 purchased through Craigslist ($1,000)
4. 86 Liftback SR5 purchased from a member through Club4ag.com ($1,000)

I love these RWD AE86s!

That's a good track record, under $1,000 for each one.

I got my first one, 84 SR5 Hatch, for $200, and I just got my second one, 85 GT-S, as a gift. I love these things as well. Maybe it's because I'm a child of the 80s, but I like all the straight lines, haha.
Back to top Go down
kainthao

kainthao

Car : 1986 Corolla SR5

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:31 am

I got mine as a trade. i traded my lexus sc300 where 10k went into it and it still doesn't pass smog. it has a good motor and drive train. everything else pretty much is falling off or dying. so i gave up after 10k went into it. so i traded it for this. the sr5 corolla didn't pass smog. i still need to do some check up and tune up first.
Back to top Go down
kommodore

Car : AE86 SR5

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:38 pm

i ended up with mine after i got sick of walking around town (granted its a small city but its still annoying) i asked a friend who was a 'car guy' if he knew of any rides for sale for under $1k and lo and behold he knew a guy who had an SR5, my friend kept going on about drifting and hachirokus and all this nonsense and i just wanted a car. So i bought it and once i got a new carb on it learned how to drive stick and learned to drift.

TL;DR: I just happened to find it
Back to top Go down
yotarolla

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:05 am

well my first car was an FC rx7 I got when it only had 79,000 mi. on it, did a bunch of suspension work to it and drove/drifted the sh*t out of it for three and a half four years and had about 140,000 mi. on it which is good for a rotary, anyway in the last few months I had the car it sat up in the garage and long story short wouldn't start anymore so I used an old rotary trick my old school mechanic friend told me about and that is to pour some ATF (automatic trans fluid) is the combution chamber through the spark plug tunnels and it worked so I searched craigslist and saw an sr5 up for trade and I jumped on it because I have wanted an AE86 for a long time
Back to top Go down
rickhart

Car : '86 AE82L basically all-original setup

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Bought brand-new in mid '86 for $10K when I could have gotten the identical '85 for half that a year earlier when the dollar/yen ratio was MUCH higher. Dealer included the service manual that's the size of the Atlanta phone directory.

Back to top Go down
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:08 am

well i guess my 4ac story starts when i moved to fl i moved there with my cloths about 100 bucks and hopes and dreams and no car. after a few months i had a couple hundred dollars saved up (i was always browsing craigs list for cars) but im vary picky when it comes to cars my last car was a 1990 supra. but one night i couldnt sleep so i was browsing the internet and thats when i came across my soon to be ae86 it was 5am when i saw it i waited til about 7 to wake up my roomate to take me to check out the car. i paid 600 for it the body was in decent condition but it needed a roof and it had a few dents here and there and a bad oil leak but i got it all fixed i welded in a new roof and did the body work and it was well worth it! .... . . but shortly after i left fl it died im currently workn to get it runnin again ill keep ya posted. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your 4ac powered car   How did you get your 4ac powered car - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you get your 4ac powered car
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2