4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you love about the 4AC?

Go down 
+15
87AE-82
that1hatchi
Hachigo Pro
steamjam
adymoto
inagawa
red rolla
pepsx12
AE82
4ac_ftw
serchmarc
Glock30
Hachigo_moe
EricsFreeAE86
EvolutionGTS
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
slowtec

slowtec

Car : 1984 Corolla SR5 Hatchback

What do you love about the 4AC? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you love about the 4AC?   What do you love about the 4AC? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:06 pm

The thing I love about the AE86 in general is a Passenger side fuel door! Cuts gas station lines by 75% right there!

Regarding the 4AC I take a different approach. If I had a GTS with the 4AGE, I would constantly be looking at swapping in something different just to do something different. Like I've said in other posts, I have 2 friends with 4AGE and one with a new 20v blacktop, it might make it easier for parts and stuff, but its inevitable that the discussion turns to who has the best 4AGE. I am not naive enough to think that I could be 100% unique, or even close to the best, but it still places me in a minority. What are the chances that I run into another old Corolla hatch in the Hachi-culture still running the 4AC, let alone a modified one? I have known people to pick up SR5s and have the 4AC pulled literally the same day, where's the creativity in that?

When I read the post about that Hage Tool place making adjustable cam gears for race boats for our engines, I was like, "I am never pulling the 4AC!" The struggle and strife is part of the glory to me.

I have so much work ahead of me to get my car up and going that I'm a little intimidated at this point though.

What do you love about the 4AC? - Page 2 4ac-st11

*Sorry if my post sounds half like a zealot, I am going to pick up my Corolla tomorrow and I'll finally be able to work on it for the first time in 4 years! So I'm pretty jacked up right now. Also means I'll be able to finally post in the Rides section.

Back to top Go down

What do you love about the 4AC?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2