4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How light could you go?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
raining0724

Car : SR5

How light could you go? Empty
PostSubject: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi guys
Been thinking how light could you make a corolla go?(if money is not a issue)
I know N2 race car has a regulation that the minimum could not be less than 760kg.

Back to top Go down
Glock30

Glock30

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport, 1989 Ford Bronco, 1968 F250

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:29 pm

You are probably looking at a lot of carbon fiber parts. I personally don't think that you will get this car that close to the lower limit. While it is light, it is still mostly steel on the body and the frame. Not to mention the block.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlinedaily.com
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Well if money isn't an issue then any thing carbon fiber you can get hood,doors,hatch,fenders. Then lexan glass strip the interior and lighter flywheel, drive shaft, and crankshaft &pulleys then light weight rims if ya can find some and if ya really want to go above and beyond I've herd of people replacing all there nuts and bolts with aluminum ones.
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
raining0724

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Im trying to make mine as light as possible because I have some rich kids friends and they just keep buying high end super cars. My goal is to make them see its not just about powerrrrr but by skill....haha. I have a dilemma right now which is to buy TE37V wheels or lighter body panels. I heard that 1kg off below the car(driveshaft, wheels, brakes, etc) is 10kg off on top of the car, is this true?
Back to top Go down
overdrive418

overdrive418

Car : 86 AE86 SR5 RWD

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Unsprung weight will get you quicker response in both acceleration and deceleration. Decreasing the rotating mass includes brake discs and wheels; get the lightest you can find ($$)

As for the chasis, you can spend $$ or $$$$$$$ to make it lighter, how far you want to take it is up to you. Impulse just made a dry carbon roof and rear panel, I know there are carbon doors, hood, trunk, as well as fiberglass doors, fenders, hoods, trunks. Magnesium wheels, carbon wheels, kevlar seats, kevlar dash...these are all things that are available...but you'll go broke trying to get them. If you do I need pictures!!!

Then theres all the windows to Lexan. Mechanical components to ditch (A/C, power steering, wiring to ditch, radio, antenae....)

Bang for the buck, do the rotating mass, unsprung items with some sticky tires first.

But for all the money its gonna take, just buy a Porsche and be done with it!
Back to top Go down
raining0724

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 6:25 am

So its called unsprung weight...thanks
I saw the impulse japan parts, but there really expensive. I will buy them eventually because i don't want to buy cheap stuff, it make take me a pretty long time...haha
Whats the glue they use on Mclaren? I watch the geographic channel and they said that the chassis are not welded but glued.
Back to top Go down
rumsawatti

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Glock30

Glock30

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport, 1989 Ford Bronco, 1968 F250

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm

rumsawatti wrote:
http://retrospec-toyota.blogspot.mx/

This site is pretty awesome... they make an sr5 lip front lip. Have you ever ordered anything from them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlinedaily.com
rumsawatti

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Nope, sorry. I dont have money lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How light could you go?   How light could you go? Empty

Back to top Go down

How light could you go?
Page 1 of 1