4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ggo_74

ggo_74

Car : 83 corolla

83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas. Empty
PostSubject: 83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas.   83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas. EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:46 am

hey guys, i wonder if you could help me out. my 83 corolla stock 4ac motor idles fine but wants to die when press gas. i replaced new carb, new spark plugs, new fuel pump and filter and i put a synthetic mobil 1 oil in it. help guys... thanks..
Back to top Go down
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

PostSubject: Re: 83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas.   83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas. EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Check your accelerator pump take the filter off your carb and look down in as you pull the throttle you should see a small stream of gas try to check that.
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
ggo_74

ggo_74

PostSubject: Re: 83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas.   83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas. EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:13 pm

it's the small round thing inside the carb right? yes when i pull throttle, gas comes out in there. is there a way to adjust that? so do you think if the motor wants to die if i pull throttle, do i need more gas in carb? thx
Back to top Go down
ggo_74

ggo_74

PostSubject: Re: 83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas.   83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas. EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:16 pm

will a clogged up egr valve cause the motor to die when give gas?
Back to top Go down
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

PostSubject: Re: 83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas.   83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas. EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:11 pm

No tis not that do it with the engine off if I get a chance ill take a pic or a video. I'm not sure if the egr will cause that
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas.   83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas. Empty

Back to top Go down

83 rolla idles fine but dies when press gas.
Page 1 of 1