Share | 

FNG!! Socal.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Infidel85

Car : AE86

PostSubject: FNG!! Socal.   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:54 pm

Whats up everyone...

Im ur FNG. Pls be patient with me. I own a 85 Sr5, bought it when after i got out of the military. Ive had the vehicle for over 2 years. Pulled the motor out with the intent to drop a 4ag. More complicated than i imagined. Decided to stick with my 4AC and build her up. Ive seen some pretty amazing things done with our machines and hope to learn a few things from you guys. Like i said, please be patient with me. At the moment, im trying to find someone that can help me re-drop my 4AC. Ive tried myself, but.. . . FAIL!!! Need her up and running so i can have a new daily driver. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance.

G
Back to top Go down
serchmarc

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Infidel85 wrote:
Whats up everyone...

Im ur FNG. Pls be patient with me. I own a 85 Sr5, bought it when after i got out of the military. Ive had the vehicle for over 2 years. Pulled the motor out with the intent to drop a 4ag. More complicated than i imagined. Decided to stick with my 4AC and build her up. Ive seen some pretty amazing things done with our machines and hope to learn a few things from you guys. Like i said, please be patient with me. At the moment, im trying to find someone that can help me re-drop my 4AC. Ive tried myself, but.. . . FAIL!!! Need her up and running so i can have a new daily driver. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance.

G
ç

hello infidel
welcomeaboard
i just can say to u
that
try to comment
and try to enter the site more than once a month

lets make a dynamic forum

whatsFNG?
what u failed?u just need a crane,some old tires and thats it
what u need to fire that 4age?
Back to top Go down
Infidel85

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:51 pm

serchmarc wrote:
Infidel85 wrote:
Whats up everyone...

G
ç

hello infidel
welcomeaboard
i just can say to u
that
try to comment
and try to enter the site more than once a month

lets make a dynamic forum

whatsFNG?
what u failed?u just need a crane,some old tires and thats it
what u need to fire that 4age?

FNG is military jargon for F@!#ing New Guy. The tranny is still intact with the vehicle. I was unable to get the motor back on to the tranny. thanx for the reply.

G
Back to top Go down
87AE-82

Car : 1987 Corolla FWD

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:59 am

Is it automatic or manual trans? If its a manual you should check if you clutch is aligned right. if your just having problems getting the engine on the trans try removing it and installing it on the ground with the engine then drop them in together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/fredtflail
Infidel85

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:32 pm

87AE82 wrote:
Is it automatic or manual trans? If its a manual you should check if you clutch is aligned right. if your just having problems getting the engine on the trans try removing it and installing it on the ground with the engine then drop them in together.

Thanx for the reply. Manual. I was hoping i could avoid dropping the tranny. Just me being lazy. (plus, theres a clip on the clutch fork that came off and i have no idea how to put it back on.) even if i did, i still wouldnt know where everything plugs in(vacuum hoses) and what not. i would need someone to help me start her up regardless.Embarassed just not as savvy i guess. i appreciate the response.

G
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Pick up a factory service manual. They pop up on ebay every now and then. I just bought one for a 87 FWD Corolla because all I needed was the engine section; but you'll have to get a '86 or lower AE86 RWD book since you're dealing with the tranny. Luckily my trans was rebuilt shortly before the car was parked, so I'm not going to worry about it!
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 pm

I don't think that putting the engine and tranny together under the car will help much unless you drop the crossmember as well. I am pretty sure that you can't put them in together from the top either, at lesat not with out removing parts of the body.
Back to top Go down
http://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
Infidel85

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:04 pm

thanx for the responses gents.

G
Back to top Go down
Glock30

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla Sport, 1989 Ford Bronco, 1968 F250

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:55 pm

It is a pain in the ass to put the motor in with the tranny in the car. I usually try and do them together... it is the way that the service manual recommends, and the way I have found so far to be the easiest. Also, take pics of waht parts you need help with.. they make it a lot easier to help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlinedaily.com
Infidel85

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Solid, will do. Thanx.
Back to top Go down
Infidel85

PostSubject: Help!!   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Is there anyone in the riverside area can help me put this motor in and get my car in working order? Willing to pay if the price is right.

I got lots of beer too!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FNG!! Socal.   

Back to top Go down

FNG!! Socal.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1