4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driving to Alaska

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Streetsweeper

Driving to Alaska  Empty
PostSubject: Driving to Alaska    Driving to Alaska  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey guys I'm brandon, not new to the forum but never have posted much before. I'm planning my drive to Alaska this week with my 86 sr5. I've been doing some work to it lately, got tanabes with kyb's front and rear, new brake lines, rear brake shoes and cylinders. I was supposed to leave this weekend but sure as hell blew my head gasket Saturday. I have it all pulled apart now waiting for a gasket set to be installed and ill be on the road.
Has anybody ever driven the Alcan highway before or taken their hachis on 2000 mile plus journeys in the snow? Just looking for tips and any advice you guys can share Smile
P.s. if you see a clean blue sr5 rolling through the nw with Alaska plates this next week give me a shout
Back to top Go down
PAguy

PAguy

Car : 1984 SR5 RWD 5 speed

Driving to Alaska  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving to Alaska    Driving to Alaska  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Cool. I do 2000 mile trips pretty frequently in my '84, but I avoid the snow.
Coming up on 290k miles this month!
Back to top Go down
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

Driving to Alaska  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving to Alaska    Driving to Alaska  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:35 am

My rolla is not good at all in the snow. Ivr gotten stuck a few times and I slide a lot the car was just not ment for that type of weather! BE CAREFUL!
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
surfersr5

Driving to Alaska  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving to Alaska    Driving to Alaska  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:39 pm

I use to live in Alaska, the drive is awesome take lots of pics, "Dont Worry your corolla will make it I drove my to Canada and back to cali with no problems!cheers 
Back to top Go down
TKD-Wolf

TKD-Wolf

Car : 1986 AE86 SR5 5spd hatch

Driving to Alaska  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving to Alaska    Driving to Alaska  EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:21 am

Mine does great in the snow with decent tires. Smile Longest trip its been on is 2k miles round trip from Columbia, SC to Dallas and back. Only used a gallon of oil to do it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
surfersr5

Driving to Alaska  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving to Alaska    Driving to Alaska  EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:58 am

4ac will run forever, as for my need to rebuilt! yeah cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Driving to Alaska  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving to Alaska    Driving to Alaska  Empty

Back to top Go down

Driving to Alaska
Page 1 of 1