4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LongsAE86

Car : 1986 Corolla SR5

FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) Empty
PostSubject: FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner)   FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:59 am

PRICE: $2,500 obo -- OPEN to ALL TRADES!!
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5
527,261 on chassis
Clean title
NON-OP since 2008, no back fees whatsoever!
5 speed w/ one-piece driveshaft

Brief summary:
I bought the car from the original owner in May with the intentions of doing a full restoration, but have since ran out of funds to finish this project. A rebuilt kit, Weber carburetor and donor motor were bought from Club4AG. We had the local machine shop (Southwest Engines in San Bernardino, CA) do the following work during the rebuild process:

-Measurements for the cylinders
-Decked block
-Resurfaced head
-Valve seating

We've honed it ourselves and took it back to the shop to have it checked out before putting it back together. Since then, I'm not sure what's causing it to NOT run. It fires up fine, we've attempted to tune the carburetor but to no luck -- it bogs down and dies after giving it a little acceleration. I'm not sure what's preventing it from running properly but I'm going to have my mechanic check it out later this week.

Condition:
Car was well-maintained by the original owner. Recently clay bar and waxed.
Paint (original red) I'd rate a good 8/10.
Interior is immaculate with the exception of a few small tears on the driver and rear side panels.
Has an uncracked dash!

The car, if the asking price is met, will come with additional items received with the donor motor I bought, which includes: Extra block (no pistons, machine shop kept old ones), extra head, 2 carburetors (unsure of condition), alternator, distributor and starter.

Price: $2,500 OBO

Ideally, I'm looking to sell her to a GOOD owner who is looking to restore/enjoy it as a daily driver, but money talks. I'm basically looking to recoup what I've invested into the car.

Pictures:
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) Erb7
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) U4i9
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) Vac4
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) 62tc
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) 1iar
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) Txfk
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) 0t8d
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) Zrel
FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner) F98p
Back to top Go down

FS/FT: **CLEAN** SOCAL 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (Clean title, 5spd, original owner)
Page 1 of 1