4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dwai213

Car : AE82 Sedan

Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED? Empty
PostSubject: Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED?   Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED? EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Haha so I have a ae82 sedan, and the funny story is that the car use to die when I first got it when driving. It always fired back up right after but continued to die pretty quick.

Till one night driving home it didn't die at all, as soon as I put it in park, she died again. Guess what? The car dies but not when my corner or headlights are on! And no its not a kill switch.

I've asked and told all friends and mechanics and not one person has heard of this happening or knows what it is. Any ideas from anyone?? Funny ****, much appreciated and I hope you enjoyed the story! If not, good for you.
Back to top Go down
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

PostSubject: Re: Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED?   Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED? EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Id say its a short of some kind had a guy who's horn didn't work he went and got it fixed supposedly. And he said it worked but when I looked at it it only worked when the car was off not running. He took it to a mechanic and it turns out something was leaking on wires to the horn causing it to short out and not work ...
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
dwai213

Car : AE82 Sedan

PostSubject: Re: Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED?   Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED? EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Possibly, although this issue might be something else due to it shutting off unless I have my headlights on. Lights on= rolla on!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED?   Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED? Empty

Back to top Go down

Amazing car issue! Selfless kill switch! FIXED?
Page 1 of 1