4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dwai213

Car : AE82 Sedan

New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! Empty
PostSubject: New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!   New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Whats up!

New here! and to my car its a 1987 ae82 sedan, bone stock car, lots of stuff needed to be done on it. Will be going for suspension for the first mod, although I don't have too much knowledge on the setup for the sedans plus it being a PITA finding out info on what fits. I stay in socal so if anyone is around, let me know! I will post up pictures soon! - Thanks, Kevin!
Back to top Go down
84accorrlla

84accorrlla

Car : 1984 Toyota Corolla SR5

PostSubject: Re: New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!   New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 am

Welcome cant wait to see pictures of the car
Back to top Go down
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

PostSubject: Re: New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!   New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
thepaul

thepaul

Car : 1987 Corolla FX

PostSubject: Re: New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!   New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:09 am

Welcome Kevin! Unfortunatly (or fortunatly if you're a project car sadist like me) the aftermarket in the US was not kind to this car. Having an AE82 myself, I've found most of the good aftermarket suspension bits have to come all the way from Austrailia where people appreciated them. However, if you can find a AE82 Corolla FX16 or FX16 GTS hachback at a junkyard near you, there are lots of upgrades you can snatch from them. Front swaybars are thicker on the FX16's and they came with a rear sway bar (it's tiny, but it's better than the nothing your car came with). Any sway bar you want to mount (stock or aussie) you'll need the foward lower rear control arms which have the tabs welded on them for the swaybar mounts. The front struts on the FX16 GTS have a four bolt strut mount and take cartridges, grab those. Rear disk brakes from the FX16 bolt on, grab the disk brake backing plates, calipers and caliper brackets and the e-brake cables becuase these can be hard to find at parts stores. There are a couple chassis supports between the suspension mounting points and a front strut tower brace you can grab off these cars as well. If you want a tach, the FX16 unit will bolt in but grab the wiring harness for it as well and you'll need to run a signal wire from the tach. What else...basically if you find a FX16 GTS at a junkyard, gut that bitch and pimp yo ride. That was Toyota's pinnacle for this chassis and most of the upgrades they made will work on your car. Keep your eye on the junkyards and an ear on Austrainian ebay. Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbkits.com
dwai213

PostSubject: Re: New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!   New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:51 am

Thanks for the welcoming! Some pics of the car how it currently sits... STOCK! Lol

New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! Vflhz4
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! Ke86wx
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! Hu24xz
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 30vbpr5
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 9gh40o
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 30c3uh3
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 2iuyezl
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 2u9idcx
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 34npp54
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! Oj0z94
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 102w86h
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 2ypltf6
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 2jbqu6o
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 2em07fd
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! Mm75v9
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! Mjn5ef
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 2r4333n
New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! 9um81c

Just took the rear bumper off today, the bumper guard is a bit bent in. Not sure if I will be putting it back on, I want to try to give it the same look as the te72 bumper removal idea. Although it does look a little nasty without it.

Started to contemplate about cutting the springs for now, maybe not. Does anyone by chance know if the fx/16 springs will fit the sedan??
Back to top Go down
dwai213

PostSubject: Re: New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!   New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:06 am

thepaul wrote:
Welcome Kevin! Happy hunting!
Thanks for all the knowledge!!
Will be making a huge run maybe around the first week of September to the yard, hopefully can score big on tons of parts.

Also had the idea of swapping ae86 struts on the sedan, not sure if they fit but I have a buddy of mine that could more than likely do the job. If they do work that would be great for suspension options!
Back to top Go down
Pitayo

Pitayo

Car : 83 - 4AC-1.6, 2 Door Coupe

PostSubject: Re: New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!   New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Welcome, That car has alot of potential!. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!   New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN! Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the forums! AE82 SEDAN!
Page 1 of 1