4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do I want to buy a working TVSV???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rrgargoum

Do I want to buy a working TVSV??? Empty
PostSubject: Do I want to buy a working TVSV???   Do I want to buy a working TVSV??? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:43 am

Hello,

I would like to buy a working TVSV for my 86 corolla front-wheel drive.

My car starts up fine, drives fine for a few minutes, but then begins to bog down on acceleration.  If I keep driving, it seems to get better, but invariably between 5 and 20 minutes of driving, the car bogs down horribly.

At this point, the TVSV just SOUNDS like it might be my problem, as the symptoms are certainly temperature dependent, but I don't actually know what the TVSV does, or what the symptoms of its failure might be.  I just hope that throwing a working part at it will fix the problem.

Any advice or a lead on a cheap working part will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RG
Back to top Go down
luciphear

PostSubject: Re: Do I want to buy a working TVSV???   Do I want to buy a working TVSV??? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Honestly it sounds like a carb issue. You may want to go over all emissions controls systems as spec'd in the service manual.
Back to top Go down
rrgargoum

PostSubject: Re: Do I want to buy a working TVSV???   Do I want to buy a working TVSV??? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:58 am

thanks for your reply luciphear!

Well, I originally was afraid I'd need to rebuild the carb, but I had started to look elsewhere from the carb since the fuel level is in the middle of the little window on the side of the carb, and since the car only has 51k original miles.

Should I be considering rebuilding the entire carb?  I would really like to avoid that.  I am a student, and I've done quite a bit of mechanical work (only one carb, for a 22r), but I'm trying to stay focussed on school right now.

I guess the next step is to buy or find a repair manual.  Is there not a download available?
Back to top Go down
luciphear

PostSubject: Re: Do I want to buy a working TVSV???   Do I want to buy a working TVSV??? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:06 pm

rrgargoum wrote:
thanks for your reply luciphear!

Well, I originally was afraid I'd need to rebuild the carb, but I had started to look elsewhere from the carb since the fuel level is in the middle of the little window on the side of the carb, and since the car only has 51k original miles.

Should I be considering rebuilding the entire carb?  I would really like to avoid that.  I am a student, and I've done quite a bit of mechanical work (only one carb, for a 22r), but I'm trying to stay focussed on school right now.

I guess the next step is to buy or find a repair manual.  Is there not a download available?

i believe there is a tercel manual that will work. they use the same 2bbl carb. i got my rebuilt carb from carb-x.com and was able to pass smog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I want to buy a working TVSV???   Do I want to buy a working TVSV??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do I want to buy a working TVSV???
Page 1 of 1