4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wtb running 4ac engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ae86slide

wtb running 4ac engine Empty
PostSubject: wtb running 4ac engine   wtb running 4ac engine EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:05 pm

i live in modesto, ca, and i am looking for a running 4ac engine. mine just blew up and i need a running one to throw in my coupe until i can rebuild my old one... anyone have one they dont need/want anymore???
Back to top Go down
AE8valveSOHCA

AE8valveSOHCA

Car : Rusty87SR5RallyCoupe

PostSubject: Re: wtb running 4ac engine   wtb running 4ac engine EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:43 am

hey... i have a motor if you want... a 4ac with 140xxx miles on it... but imma have to pull it out of my car if you really want it... complete head and block with all internals only... no manifolds or anything... ill sell it for $200 its still good... i replaced the water pump... the pulley and brand new spark plugs... im in long beach cali... let me know... email me at tresixsta@msn.com...
Back to top Go down
ae86slide

PostSubject: Re: wtb running 4ac engine   wtb running 4ac engine EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:55 am

I have the manifolds. Does it come with the carb? And also was the water pump replaced cause it was overheating? Or just cause it's a old engine? And also what car/year did it come out of?
Back to top Go down
AE8valveSOHCA

AE8valveSOHCA

PostSubject: Re: wtb running 4ac engine   wtb running 4ac engine EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:10 am

it came out of an ae71... and the guy i picced it up from had a super duper clean ae71 and the motor is a little not too dirty but pretty clean still... there were no oil leaks or anything... i checced the car it had about 139xxx miles on it... the guy said he had an oveheating problem... only to see that the pully on the crank that spins the water pump broke off the main pulley but nothins wrong... the pulley just came apart so the belt couldnt spin the water pump haha i know confusin... and thats it... i changed both parts... and thats it... and sorry i dont have an extra carb... and im not too sure what year... but it works... i got new spark plugs in it... i dont know its on you... the dude i got it from said it didnt have a bad overheatin problem either... just that he went twin cam it in his car so yeah...

Last edited by AE8valveSOHCA on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ae86slide

PostSubject: Re: wtb running 4ac engine   wtb running 4ac engine EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Did you ever have the engine running in your car and if so did it overheat after you changed those parts. Cause mine had an overheating problem too and that's why it blew up so I don't wanna motor that's gonna do the same thing again.
Back to top Go down
AE8valveSOHCA

AE8valveSOHCA

PostSubject: Re: wtb running 4ac engine   wtb running 4ac engine EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:29 pm

well... whats wrong with the motor you blew up... did you blow a hole in the blocc... or broke the rods... or bent some valves???... spun bearings????... because i have an extra 4ac head on the side that i might not use and its fresh ass hell... but if you need a bottom end... ill sell you this bottom end if you need it... either or... ill post a video of it runin too to show you...
Back to top Go down
ae86slide

PostSubject: Re: wtb running 4ac engine   wtb running 4ac engine EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:52 pm

It's got a rod knock. So basically I just want a whole new engine. Well not new but new used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wtb running 4ac engine   wtb running 4ac engine Empty

Back to top Go down

wtb running 4ac engine
Page 1 of 1