4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ForgottenNova88

ForgottenNova88

Car : 1988 Chevy Nova 5-speed

Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd Empty
PostSubject: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:05 pm

The car is mechanically sound, so I've been taking some time considering body work, since some rust repair is in order soon anyway. Just wanted to see what you guys think. I know my photo editing is not the best, but a general opinion of the body work, paint, and bumper ideas would be great.

Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd Mikey_10

Back to top Go down
http://ironforestoutlaws.wordpress.com
DjSpecter

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:37 am

looks ok but i would seriously look in to getting some 1 piece headlights from another car or something.
Back to top Go down
ForgottenNova88

ForgottenNova88

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:50 pm

I don't know, I kinda like those quad-headlights. They are one of the few things that makes a nova look different than a regular AE-82.

I was kinda going for an homage to the other (more well known) generations of the Chevy Nova with the rally-esque stripes. I do want to ditch the turn signal side lights:
Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd Dsc_0023

Without those it looks more like the 60's-70's era muscle car fronts (albeit more square).
Back to top Go down
Punkrampant

Punkrampant

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:09 am

Look at ae92 front bumpers. I have seen one on an ae82

Dont shave the corners, keep the quad lights (theyre what I wanted)

I think #1 should be getting all the trim to line up, making the front end look tidy.

Oh, and regarding the ae82 hood, it should bolt up but it wont come down over your grill.

Back to top Go down
ForgottenNova88

ForgottenNova88

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Punkrampant wrote:
Look at ae92 front bumpers. I have seen one on an ae82

Dont shave the corners, keep the quad lights (theyre what I wanted)

I think #1 should be getting all the trim to line up, making the front end look tidy.

Oh, and regarding the ae82 hood, it should bolt up but it wont come down over your grill.

I agree that I need to put some time into fit & finish (my divers side headlights sag, among other little mal-alignments). And, thanks for the tip on AE92 bumpers, I'll look into it.

I just was browsing Neb911's Build Log and I saw a pic of his Carina 2's hood. It comes down over the grill like the Nova, but has the raised section like your corolla does also! This would be a nice score if I could find one of a Gen 4 Carina II/Corona, but I'm pretty sure those wont be in US junkyards...

This is Neb911's Shot:
Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd 11810

This is another 4th Gen Carina with a better angled shot of the hood (& cool grill):
Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd Toyota_carina_st162

And this is a shot of the hood on a 3rd Gen Carina. Cool raised section with a center groove, but no lip over the grill; might work with a grill from an AE82 corolla. The Headlights do look familiar, though...
Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd Toyota_carina_a60

And so we have a brief lesson in shared anatomy of automobiles. Same chassis, but also mixed and matched body components to make what is mechanically one car look like many. Any tips on scoring a hood from a Carina? If not, I guess I could weld in a piece of metal on to a AE82 corolla hood to make it fit the nova grill. Or just swap the grill out with the hood, and keep it easy. Choices, choices...
Back to top Go down
moonchook

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:17 am

hey man, not to sure you can turn a corolla into a muscle car, you could make it quicker than one easy enough, but making it look like one is another thing!

for the front bar I reckon swap it for a twin cam seca bar, improves the look of any corolla! not sure where you can get one in the states or what the equivalent model was but one suggestion would be to try and find one on new zealand trademe ( a buy sell website) or from a wrecker over there, new zealand has no car manufacturers so they have always had a large amount of japanese vehicles. parts like this are very common over there and cheap.

heres what it should look like on your car, unfortunately you cant use the twin cam grill as your US corollas have a different light setup versus the rest of the world.

Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd Modded11

otherwise to make the nova a bit truer to its roots i'd say you should roll your gaurds and get the widest rims you can fit under there Razz
Back to top Go down
ForgottenNova88

ForgottenNova88

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey, sweet photoshop! I actually kinda like that bumper. Do you thing it be lighter than the stock one? Saving some weight would be important to me too.

Anything that is lighter, better looking, and that can be match-painted to the body works for me. I'll definitely look into this. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
moonchook

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:37 am

ForgottenNova88 wrote:
Hey, sweet photoshop! I actually kinda like that bumper. Do you thing it be lighter than the stock one? Saving some weight would be important to me too.

Anything that is lighter, better looking, and that can be match-painted to the body works for me. I'll definitely look into this. Thanks!

it'll be lighter if you cut the steel out of the bumper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd   Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd Empty

Back to top Go down

Future Plans for My 88 Nova (Badly) Photoshop'd
Page 1 of 1