4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kainthao

kainthao

Car : 1986 Corolla SR5

Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?   Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 pm

So far at autozone.com it allows me to buy a 4ac new or was it rebuilt. anyways there is no option to do that for a 4age what gives? in the future i'll consider a 4age swap. just because it's easy compared to anything else. also it's because i want to keep it as a heart of a corolla. A V8 swap would be cool, but i still have my mid set on 4age only because it's good for everyday daily driving, auto x, etc. other than that where can i get a 4age(blue top)? so far i can get a used ae92 gts as a whole, but i don't want to go that route.
Back to top Go down
wanted21

wanted21

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?   Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:47 pm

you are way off of this site! such engine is not of concern here!

but there is another site for you to talk about your 4age!

scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?   Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:18 pm

On a Toyota the only completely new engine that you will be able to get would be through Toyota, but I doubt that they would carry an engine for something as old as this. Anything that you get will be rebuilt.
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
kainthao

kainthao

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?   Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:18 am

i still have a sr5 with the stock 4ac so i don't want any trouble. It's just out of curiosity. For the most part im still thinking about doing a rebuild on the 4ac or just buying a rebuild and turn my old one into a 7AC. I'm only asking just for the heck of it. Im not against 4AC here.
Back to top Go down
dkphils

Car : 85 SR5 86

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?   Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:22 am

Tigerjapanesedotcom
they sell the silver and blacktops fairly cheap
Back to top Go down
jinsoku

jinsoku

Car : ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?   Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:12 pm

you should be able to find 4age's in fresno, theres hella yards in the area.. i know a few people with 4ag/ze's there!
i grew up in visalia and still find gts's and 4age's for hella cheap when i visit!

post up a WTB on CL auto parts section and on club4ag.. you'll get a hit...

worst case is you gotta pick up or get one shipped from the bay..
hella 4age's available there, if you want a jdm hicomp you can find them for 700 bux with a 1 year warranty from bay area engine importers like http://www.engineworldusa.com/ci.htm

you gotta put in some effort to get your desired outcome...

Back to top Go down
kainthao

kainthao

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?   Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:46 pm

they're always gone like candy. best deal was 300 bucks complete with engine but no tranny(bluetop). it needed rebuild. before i can get there it was already sold. damm....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?   Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a new/rebuilt 4age motor besides dealer?
Page 1 of 1