4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bumper, sway bar, and rims

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
anthonyhasawagon

anthonyhasawagon

Car : 1983 corolla station wagon

bumper, sway bar, and rims Empty
PostSubject: bumper, sway bar, and rims   bumper, sway bar, and rims EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:44 am

1. What kind of bumpers fit an 83 corolla Wagon AE71?
and where to get em also is it street legal to drive without a rear bumper cuz i seen Jay's wagon (i think it was his...) and he didn't have it on and it looked sick.

2. My buddy told me that these polyurethane brackets for the sway bar in the front of the car will make the world of a difference is that true?

3. whats a good place to get rims?

i didn't know where else to post this lol

thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
DjSpecter

PostSubject: Re: bumper, sway bar, and rims   bumper, sway bar, and rims EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:47 am

Any OLD car can perform better with NEW bushings and suspension. And it depends on your states laws. SInce you live in Cali (Nazi car rules state) I would say it might be bad, but check again. Ohhhhh here is the pic I was talking about. Its from a 1987 or 1988 BMW E30 325is Its the lower part of the bumper.

You take the lower part of this...

bumper, sway bar, and rims 1987-b10

And put it on the front bumper of your corolla and make this....

bumper, sway bar, and rims K0fqqt

bumper, sway bar, and rims 2dl8zvc
Back to top Go down
anthonyhasawagon

anthonyhasawagon

PostSubject: Re: bumper, sway bar, and rims   bumper, sway bar, and rims EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 am

Sweet dude thanks!
How would i know before hand that a bumper will bolt on with now fabrications?
how about some rims?
I like these rims i always see on honda's
they have five spokes and they are black i don't know what they are called, so i cant find em online to see how much they are
Back to top Go down
DjSpecter

PostSubject: Re: bumper, sway bar, and rims   bumper, sway bar, and rims EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:15 am

LOL stay away from honda rims they will not fit! Diffrent bolt pattern we rock 4x114.3 meaning....4 bolt holes and the next number is the number each bolt hole is spaced apart. Your talking about these right....

bumper, sway bar, and rims 15_bla10

Well rims depend on what you like...pearsonaly I love the mesh look. But i love alot of the SSR rims. You can get a few good looking rims for your ride. Here are a few suggestions that someone else said and there really good. I think Overdrive said these. But I like all of them to.

Konig Rewind
Konig B-Bomb
Drag DR21
XXR002
XXR522
Rota Grid

Back to top Go down
overdrive418

overdrive418

Car : 86 AE86 SR5 RWD

PostSubject: Re: bumper, sway bar, and rims   bumper, sway bar, and rims EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:37 am

Those are all for under $500 a set, the Grids are probably the most expensive and may be a tad over $500 but not by much.
Now there are a lot more that are over $500, just depends how 'baller status' you wanna get. I personally don't want to worry about finding my car up on blocks everytime I want to go for a drive.
Also there's a few OEM options from Toyota and Datsun/Nissan.

DiscountTiresDirect has the Konigs and Drag wheels
RacingLab has the Rota Grids
I forget where I saw the XXRs, Wheelfire I believe

But you're in California, the Mecca for wheel whores. Check Craigslist, make some 4AG friends. You could get a nice used set of real deal old school JDM coolness for what you'd pay for a new set of knockoffs. I nevered bothered because I'm in Florida and the hassle of shipping them here undamaged isn't worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
anthonyhasawagon

anthonyhasawagon

PostSubject: Re: bumper, sway bar, and rims   bumper, sway bar, and rims EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Ok cool, i tried craigslist a lot of them are 22", 24" and all that nonsense
now i know what to look for. But for the record the rims i was talking about looked like the ones in the pictures but the spokes were straight not curved. idk if that helps
does anyone know the max wheel size on an AE71? in case i cant find 13"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bumper, sway bar, and rims   bumper, sway bar, and rims Empty

Back to top Go down

bumper, sway bar, and rims
Page 1 of 1