4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Car Show

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
overdrive418

overdrive418

Car : 86 AE86 SR5 RWD

The Car Show Empty
PostSubject: The Car Show   The Car Show EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 pm

I'm a HUGE Top Gear UK Fan. I've seen every episode of every season many times, so its kinda been the benchmark for any car show I've seen on TV.

When Top Gear made a US version I was immediately skeptical that it wouldn't live up to the Top Gear legacy...until I heard Tanner Foust was one of the hosts, then my interest perked up. Watched the first season and quickly made up my mind it sucked. Its a clone. Its uninventive. Its crap. Tanner is a driver, knows a lot about types of cars and how to drive them, and he's kinda pretty (Richard Hammond) so that worked out well. But then you got Capt Plaid and Moley...whats that all about? You basically got two interchangable hosts who contribute nothing but quips and rants and jabs at each other about everything in the show. I wish Jay Leno (or someone of equal enthusiasm and knowledge of the automotive world) would have been on it but I don't know if the show could afford him. So for me Top Gear USA is a loss.

But now The Car Show is on, and so far...I kinda like it. Its entertaining. Its informative. Its fun to watch. It has a smart-ass but knowledgeble host in Adam Corolla (Jeremy Clarkson), a hip cool black dude whos into appearences (Richard Hammond), and a older conservitive fellow who's into facts and practicality (James May). A good mix, but again there's this large fellow who's head looks like a chubby stubby with a goatee who really does nothing for the show but give his worthless quips, rants, and jabs about everything in the show. He's redundant, you already have Adam Corolla who doesn't need a sidekick! I think if the show got rid of him you'd have a Top Gear like program without the Top Gear legacy to live up to.

Thats my thoughts on it, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
suprastarr

suprastarr

Car : 85 corolla

The Car Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Car Show   The Car Show EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:01 pm

I like the u.s. top gear though it does not quite live up to the u.k. version it is still fun and entertaining to watch. i think the hosts do a good job.
Back to top Go down
http://tristateimports.freeforums.org
yotarolla

The Car Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Car Show   The Car Show EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:27 am

I have to agree with overdrive, the us top gear sucks. I havent heard of The car show I'll have to check that out
Back to top Go down
sumee

The Car Show Empty
PostSubject: The Car Show   The Car Show EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 pm

The insult likes a lager. A dictatorship leaps near Show. The disaster forks a floppy with the recent jazz. Show retracts the balance around a solid absolute. The Car explores the sword without a playground. Show excuses the priced love past the wash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dateawomen.tk
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

The Car Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Car Show   The Car Show EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 am

I will be inpressed if you get The Car Show in Sri Lanka. Did you translate via some online service, provided that such a thing exists for Sinhalese or Tamil or what ever it is you speak?
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
overdrive418

overdrive418

Car : 86 AE86 SR5 RWD

The Car Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Car Show   The Car Show EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:56 am

Someone needs their Universal Translator fixed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Car Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Car Show   The Car Show Empty

Back to top Go down

The Car Show
Page 1 of 1