4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

engine swap question

Go down 
+2
overdrive418
wwpms6
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wwpms6

wwpms6

Car : 87 ae86 sr5, 91 mustang, 06 MS6

engine swap question Empty
PostSubject: engine swap question   engine swap question EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:17 am

ok this questions not for me, but for my friend who saw and rode in my corolla tonight and now wants one. he's found a sr5 rolling shell and is thinking of getting it, but want to know if a 22r will fit in it. he's got about 5 22r's in his some 1 of them an lce crate and the other in various states of rebuild. he build offroad trucks. he's just wondering before he decides is will he have to make custom mounts and stuff for it will fit? he's not worried about it if he does but would just like an idea. thanks
Back to top Go down
overdrive418

overdrive418

Car : 86 AE86 SR5 RWD

PostSubject: Re: engine swap question   engine swap question EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:33 am

Build a tube frame, drop 22R engine and drivetrain, 10 gallon baffled gas tank, Sparco bucket with 5 point harness, MR2 footwear, Falken 615s on 15x7 Enkei RPF1s, permanent smile. Done! Baddest Go-Kart ever!

I'm sorry I was drooling...what was your question again? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

PostSubject: Re: engine swap question   engine swap question EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:48 am

The answer is yes, with big cams and side drafts. And lift it. And put a Taco rear end in it.
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

PostSubject: Re: engine swap question   engine swap question EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:26 pm

I believe that people have done it, but I am sure that it takes some work.

Quote :
The answer is yes, with big cams and side drafts. And lift it. And put a Taco rear end in it.

You mean a Corolla done up like this? http://www.specialstage.com/forums/showthread.php?41011-Not-quite-a-rally-Celica-build
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
DjSpecter

PostSubject: Re: engine swap question   engine swap question EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Yes it will work you will need to get a oil pan from a celica with a 22r and the passenger side mountwill haveto be crazy fabbed and then header actully clears the steering colom and the tranny tunnel has to be hammered the F**K out or you can always cut and weld the shifter position sits back only a inch and your ebrake will have to be bent to the side a little.
Back to top Go down
JohnAE82

JohnAE82

Car : 1985 AE-82 sedan

PostSubject: Re: engine swap question   engine swap question EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:25 pm

From what I've read, those 22r's are torque monsters, should be fun in a light AE86.

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=11321
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

PostSubject: Re: engine swap question   engine swap question EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:01 pm

NP75 wrote:
I believe that people have done it, but I am sure that it takes some work.

Quote :

You mean a Corolla done up like this? http://www.specialstage.com/forums/showthread.php?41011-Not-quite-a-rally-Celica-build
That is certified badass. And I love the doodoo brown painted interior. Epic stance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engine swap question   engine swap question Empty

Back to top Go down

engine swap question
Page 1 of 1