Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 WTB: speedometer drive gear

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
man0lantern

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Mon May 09, 2011 10:57 am

hey guys,

i'm in need of the drive gear that goes in the gear box. not sure HOW it got removed, but it's gone.

i got a speedometer DRIVEN gear, but that doesn't work if the drive gear isn't there (the one that attaches to the axle).

PLEASE! i need one because i'm sick and tired of not knowing how fast i'm going hahah. i mean, i know how fast i go wit the RPMs, but still.

thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
yotarolla



Posts : 87
Join date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Wed May 11, 2011 9:17 am

you said it was on the axel??
Back to top Go down
man0lantern

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 am

yotarolla wrote:
you said it was on the axel??

sorry, it's on the mainshaft. it's the gear that drives the speedometer driven gear. without it, my speedometer doesn't work, and no idea on how fast i'm going lol

it looks like this:


Back to top Go down
yotarolla



Posts : 87
Join date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Wed May 11, 2011 6:44 pm

damn, yeah I've got one but its still in a fully assembled engine and trans sitting in my garage
Back to top Go down
man0lantern

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 12:12 am

not sure if you're being sarcastic but ok. part it out if you can and i'll buy it off you.
Back to top Go down
man0lantern

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 3:20 am

just so that everybody's clear with the part i need, it's this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/014tk.jpg/ the one on the left.
Back to top Go down
NIXmx

avatar

Car : Too many Toyotas
Posts : 377
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 28
Location : Las Vegas, NV - USA

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 7:47 am

SR5: 33481‑14040

They should still have it at Toyota.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
man0lantern

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 10:22 am

NIXmx wrote:
SR5: 33481‑14040

They should still have it at Toyota.

already went to the dealership. obsolete. =[
Back to top Go down
NIXmx

avatar

Car : Too many Toyotas
Posts : 377
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 28
Location : Las Vegas, NV - USA

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 10:52 am

man0lantern wrote:
NIXmx wrote:
SR5: 33481‑14040

They should still have it at Toyota.

already went to the dealership. obsolete. =[

Really? That's lame. :/ Have you posted on C4AG? I can understand how not many people would have this sitting around.

Also, try calling another Toyota dealership. I've had a few tell me that a part is not available, but they were just lazy to order it. Also, ask if they can order the part from Japan. That's how I rebuilt my shifter assembly in my MR2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
man0lantern

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 am

NIXmx wrote:
man0lantern wrote:
NIXmx wrote:
SR5: 33481‑14040

They should still have it at Toyota.

already went to the dealership. obsolete. =[

Really? That's lame. :/ Have you posted on C4AG? I can understand how not many people would have this sitting around.

Also, try calling another Toyota dealership. I've had a few tell me that a part is not available, but they were just lazy to order it. Also, ask if they can order the part from Japan. That's how I rebuilt my shifter assembly in my MR2.

i've posted on c4ag, and there was a guy, maxmisawa or something, and he said he had 2-3 of them. but i wasn't sure if he was talking about the plastic gear and not the actual gear. people in canada are stupid. that's why i never buy parts from here. but yeah, i guess i'll try another dealership. thanks!
Back to top Go down
NIXmx

avatar

Car : Too many Toyotas
Posts : 377
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 28
Location : Las Vegas, NV - USA

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 11:08 am

Myself and other locals have purchased from him in the past. If you tell him that you need the driven gear on the output shaft (I know you know what it is) then he will know exactly what you are talking about. Have you thought about converting to all GTS components? Then if you decide to swap out for a GTS rear axle your spedo will be correct.



OOOOORR

Pick up another SR5 trans. Take it apart and re-gasket it. Spares never hurt... drunken
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
man0lantern

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 11:14 am

NIXmx wrote:
Myself and other locals have purchased from him in the past. If you tell him that you need the driven gear on the output shaft (I know you know what it is) then he will know exactly what you are talking about. Have you thought about converting to all GTS components? Then if you decide to swap out for a GTS rear axle your spedo will be correct.



OOOOORR

Pick up another SR5 trans. Take it apart and re-gasket it. Spares never hurt... drunken

well, when i purchased the car, the guy had apparently converted the rear axle to GTS, so i have all disc brakes. and when i had changed the speedo driven gear, i got the GTS one, so i need a GTS drive gear.
Back to top Go down
NIXmx

avatar

Car : Too many Toyotas
Posts : 377
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 28
Location : Las Vegas, NV - USA

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 am

33481‑12030

That's the part you want.

I'm in the middle of moving and a new job, and bla bla bla. If you haven't fount the part in a week or so, PM me. I have a spare GTS trans that I can remove the driven gear from for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
man0lantern

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   Thu May 12, 2011 11:32 am

awesome. thanks man. REALLY appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: WTB: speedometer drive gear   

Back to top Go down
 
WTB: speedometer drive gear
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» WTB: speedometer drive gear
» Speedo Drive Gear Replacement
» Gear Indicator for Aftermarket Speedometer (and other circuits)
» WTB: SR5 SPEEDOMETER DRIVEN GEAR
» Final drive oil replaced easier with the right tool

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4AC Powered :: For Sale & Wanted To Buy-
Jump to: