4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

want Stock 4ac intake manifold

Go down 
+3
jay
DjSpecter
Ace123
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace123

want Stock 4ac intake manifold Empty
PostSubject: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:23 am

Im ready to start designing a header for your cars, i just need a factory intake manifold to design the header around.
If someone could donate one, or sell very cheaply you would be potentially helping out the community quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
DjSpecter

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:26 pm

PM SENT!!
Back to top Go down
jay

jay

Car : 1983 ae72*RIP*/86"sr5

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm

i got one to pay shipping and it yours...dont know how much it run heavy piece ...lmk
Back to top Go down
tiko1075

tiko1075

Car : ae86

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Ace u never told me if u want the FWD intake and exhaust maniful?
and just an idea of how much the headers will be?
Back to top Go down
slowtec

slowtec

Car : 1984 Corolla SR5 Hatchback

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:34 pm

tiko1075 wrote:
and just an idea of how much the headers will be?
Let me answer that quote with another quote from Ace123:

Ace123 wrote:
...So you could be into this 180 bucks before I even start cutting and welding on this thing for you. 180 bucks is alot, and theres no way you want to pay ME for MY time after that. especially for a 4ac.
If you've had any managerial accounting, just think variable costs and fixed costs. In example, if Ace123 goes to a machine shops and says, "Can you cut me a set of flanges?" They'll cut 1 set for $80. But a large part of that is the fixed costs of CAD/Design, setting up the machine, and then cutting it. Any multiples than become cheaper to make. But if only one, single person buys the headers, they have to pay the whole of the fixed costs.

If, when Ace123 asks for the cash to get moving with it, only one guy steps up with cash in hand, they could end up paying a lot of money. But, if 4 people come forward the fixed costs get spread out between more buyers. The more people that are willing to put up cash, the cheaper they will be for everyone.

That's why that kind of question is hard to ask. I'm sure Ace123 could estimate the cost of materials, but couldn't estimate how much fix cost will be allocated to each header. And beyond materials, we still have to pay for Ace123's time for design and any welding and work he does on the headers himself.
Back to top Go down
DjSpecter

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 am

PM SENT!! Its on its way ace!!
Back to top Go down
overdrive418

overdrive418

Car : 86 AE86 SR5 RWD

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:08 am

tiko1075 wrote:
...just an idea of how much the headers will be?

You have to say: If 10 peoples wanted these and put a $20 deposit on this how much would an estimated cost be?

That would give him $200 to get started on a prototype. The first one will be the most expensive. I wouldn't be shocked if it costs double that. From there (I'm guessing here) he'd build 10 more from that original design to fill the orders and we'd get those 10 after paying the remainder of the price. Those 10 units would essencially be untested prototype units we'd have to run for 'x' amount of time and give feedback on how it runs, how it fits, possible improvements etc. Maybe we'd get a discount on version 2.0 as guinea pigs, maybe not. Maybe Ace gets tired of dealing with it and quits after the first batch of 10, who knows, but it would be a step in the right direction. At least you can brag you got, "a prototype Ace123 Racing Lab header on there, one of only 11 on Earth!" at your next car meet or whatnot!
Back to top Go down
DjSpecter

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 am

what ever the case may be im willing to support the idea and then DYNO my car and see where the headers bring me up to.
Back to top Go down
NIXmx

NIXmx

Car : Too many Toyotas

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:23 pm

A location in your profile would help. That goes for EVERY member.

Where are you located? I have 3 spare rwd intake manifolds. PM me your address, pay for shipping, and I'll send it out right away.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
slowtec

slowtec

Car : 1984 Corolla SR5 Hatchback

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 pm

The problem with that, NIXmx, is that Ace123 shouldn't be responsible for buying anything. He's agreed to design and tack together headers for the community. It shouldn't be his responsibility to go to a junkyard and pull a manifold, or purchase one, or pay for one to be shipped to him.

He doesn't need a manifold for himself, and if he never receives one, it's no hair off his back. He was just trying to be helpful for the community.

What I think is strange is that all of these guys that say they need a header so badly aren't willing to go pull a manifold and ship it to him. (Though I realize that DjSpecter might already have done so) It's because no one wants to even put that much effort in, they just want to show up and hit the 'buy' button.
Back to top Go down
NIXmx

NIXmx

Car : Too many Toyotas

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 pm

slowtec wrote:
The problem with that, NIXmx, is that Ace123 shouldn't be responsible for buying anything. He's agreed to design and tack together headers for the community. It shouldn't be his responsibility to go to a junkyard and pull a manifold, or purchase one, or pay for one to be shipped to him.

He doesn't need a manifold for himself, and if he never receives one, it's no hair off his back. He was just trying to be helpful for the community.

What I think is strange is that all of these guys that say they need a header so badly aren't willing to go pull a manifold and ship it to him. (Though I realize that DjSpecter might already have done so) It's because no one wants to even put that much effort in, they just want to show up and hit the 'buy' button.

As much as I'm glad to see people talk for others...

I think if someone wants to make a product, they need to make an investment. If he was local in Vegas, I would GLADLY GIVE it to him. But that's not the case. I'm willing to offer an extra manifold I have to help him go forth with making headers. That's community spirit. It's TOTALLY his responsibility to find an OE intake manifold if he wants to make a product. If they were to be made and distributed for free, that's another story.

After I move I'll be starting my process of making clear timing covers, but I'm not asking people to send me their parts for free if they want me to make something. It's a business venture that I will be taking, not others. I'll be buying brand new parts from Toyota. I'm putting the time and money as an investment for a potentially good/popular product. I'm doing this with zero guarantee that anyone will buy it. I'm making a 4AC timing cover for god sakes. If the 7 people on this forum don't but it, no one will. Razz

I don't want to start a debate about this in this thread. So please PM me if you wish to continue this conversation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: want Stock 4ac intake manifold   want Stock 4ac intake manifold Empty

Back to top Go down

want Stock 4ac intake manifold
Page 1 of 1