4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?

Go down 
+3
NP75
EricsFreeAE86
Agent_Smith
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? Empty
PostSubject: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I've just purchased a HKS sidedraft manifold for the 4ac. Any recommendations on which carb to purchase?

So far, I like the sound of this one: Webber DCOE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBMuweAX0g&feature=related

Last edited by Agent_Smith on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Weber DCOE 40's would be a good fit yes, but Weber does make larger sizes that might work with your manifold. Also look into Delorto and Mikuni for other options.
Back to top Go down
Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 am

EricsFreeAE86 wrote:
Weber DCOE 40's would be a good fit yes, but Weber does make larger sizes that might work with your manifold. Also look into Delorto and Mikuni for other options.

Thanks, Eric. I'm open to other brands, however it looks like weber is stable with their business, plus their parts seem to be readily available - new and used replacement parts.
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 am

I think that Steamjam has some 40 DCOE Webers that he might like to sell. He wants to get an 3TC EFI manifold off me, if you buy his carbs he might have the money to get my manifold.
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:45 am

NP75 wrote:
I think that Steamjam has some 40 DCOE Webers that he might like to sell. He wants to get an 3TC EFI manifold off me, if you buy his carbs he might have the money to get my manifold.

I'm looking at purchasing new ones, but if price is right I may consider. Please have him email me with pics and details. Thanks.

email: project.d@comcast.net
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 pm

I will try to get a hold of him.
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:23 am

According to experts Mikuni Solex carbs are 'best all-around' carburetors , however I heavily dislike the sound note vs. webber dcoe. What you guys think?

Solex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZBNtsefGvM&NR=1

vs

Webber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPLNJDTg3is
Back to top Go down
EricsFreeAE86

EricsFreeAE86

Car : 93 BMW 318is

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 pm

A lot of the sound difference could be from cams or exhaust differences. Hey if Steam jam's carbs are cheap i may pick em up and throw em on something
Back to top Go down
Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 pm

EricsFreeAE86 wrote:
A lot of the sound difference could be from cams or exhaust differences. Hey if Steam jam's carbs are cheap i may pick em up and throw em on something

True. I just purchased an used Solex carb set...can't wait to have it installed and hear my 4ac roar.
Back to top Go down
jinsoku

jinsoku

Car : ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:39 am

nice, cant wait to see them on!!!!

Back to top Go down
redstardriftar

redstardriftar

PostSubject: swweeet   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Does hks still sell the manifolds or is it one of those rare hard to find parts? Never heard of the solex? The 4ac sure looks mean with the side draft too bad california smog limits me from havin them. Ill have to have two engines one for smog one for fun lol

Last edited by redstardriftar on Thu May 19, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had a spelling error)
Back to top Go down
84 ae86

Car : 1984 ae86

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:02 pm

love the first video were can i get them carbs at?
Back to top Go down
Ace123

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:26 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?   Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which is the best dual carburetor for the 4ac?
Page 1 of 1