4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deleted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace123

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Deleted   Deleted EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:44 pm

deleted

Last edited by Ace123 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no longer valid)
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:45 pm

I went through all the post, in the almost two years this site has been in existence I have locked three posts. The first one some idiot joined and made a post clearly designed to get a reaction out of everyone. People kept responding to it so I locked it.

The second one that I locked is the rather ill advised post that you made (Ace 123) where you told pretty much everyone on the site that pretty much everything that they have done to their car was shoddy and or ricey. Now I understand that your intentions were good, you were not trying to insult everyone, but I think that it was pretty forseable that people would not take that post very well. Your post was causing problems and people were ignoring me when I asked them not to keep going after you about it. So I would say that one was pretty much on you.

The third and most recent one I will take full responsibility for. One of my pet peves is bad information being passed about on forums. Once it gets posted it has a life of it's own. Some people seem to think that we should have warm, fuzzy, and happy discussions where everyone is entitled to express there opinion. Thats fine if you are talking about something that is a matter of opinion, like what is the best color to paint your car. But if some one comes on and says there is no such thing as gravity or that small diameter exhaust systems with extra back pressure make your turbo spool faster (and yes I know it was not you that said that), then I don't agree that they have a right to present that as if it is fact. Normally if there is some bad information in a thread I don't delete it, I add a post trying too correct it. There was so much bad information in this post anyone that came along later and read it would be very confused as to what to believe. That is another thing peple don't seem to think about. This is not just about you getting to have a conversation with other people, it is supposed to be repository of information for people that come along later.

I don't think that I have excessively used my locking / post removal authority. For posts like the first two I believe that I am entirely justified in removing / locking them and will continue to do so when similar threads appear. I will strive to avoid removing / locking threads like the last one, but the site users can help by not posting technical info if they not pretty sure it's true, or giving a caveat about the reliabilty.
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
Ace123

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:23 pm

In all reality the information he was providing as to a TURBO BACK system spooling faster if the turbo is far from the engine with a smaller diameter exhaust is relatively true. The reason we run 3 inch exhaust on a turbo setup is because we want to evacuate the hot gases from the turbo as fast as possible with as little restriction as possible.

Due to putting the turbo far from the engine, the same principle would not work. basically with a large diameter exhaust before the turbo would basically be putting a large container before the turbo, that the engine would have to fill up with hot gases before the gases would be forced threw the turbo. This would create substantial turbo lag. running a smaller diameter exhaust before the turbo would limit the size of that container the engine would have to fill up. The trick is finding the correct size piping to spool the turbo faster, but not create so much restriction to hurt performance. This problem is why more people do not have turbo back systems. The technology with turbo sizing and turbine technology is getting better however which is why its becoming more popular.

A 4 cylinder has a harder time with a turbo back system than a V8 would due to the fact that the v8 creates far more exhaust pressure.

I did not discredit this part of his post because I did no disagree with him. I discredited his other posts because I felt those posts were erroneous.
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:43 pm

It seems that you want to have it out about the technical correctness of the deleted data rather than the general idea of me locking and deleting threads. If you want to do that we need to have a turbo theory discussion in the engine section. Let me know if thats what you want and I will start the thread. Alternatively I can respond to your last post, but then we are done with the technical stuff in here.
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Empty

Back to top Go down

Deleted
Page 1 of 1