4AC Powered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for owners of vehicles powered by the Toyota 4AC or related engines

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nero

Car : 1986 toyota corolla sr5 coupe- sold 83 hatch original burnt orange

help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops Empty
PostSubject: help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops   help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 5:53 am

I've searched here but no luck, I need help looking for aftermarket parts for the 4ac, I keep seeing paradise racing and schnieder cam in posts. Also. Shop that would be able to install such parts would help, the shop will mostly be doing the internals and any head work
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

PostSubject: Re: help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops   help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:50 pm

There is not much of an aftermarket for the 4AC. Cams, valve springs, and an adapter to fit a Weber 32/36 DG series carbs are about it. There used to be a couple companies that made headers, but they quit making new parts years ago, sometimes they can be found used (or Puerto Rican reproductions there of). Any competent shop should be able to do the cam and valve springs for you. I do all pretty much all of my own work so I can't help you with a shop.
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
nero

PostSubject: Re: help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops   help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:56 am

Dam, just to clarify, there are companies that sell cam and/or valvesprings so far paradiseracing is the company to call right?
I've tride tolook through there site but I get nowhere with there complicated navigation
I've yet to hear anything about pistons, engine studs, bearing

Maybe a simple replacement by toyota parts will cover those parts

I also keep hearing about schnieder?

Thanks for any info
Back to top Go down
NP75
Admin

Car : AE86

PostSubject: Re: help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops   help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 am

Paradise sells Schneider, so you might as well just go straight to Schneider. You have yet to hear about pistons, engine studs, and bearings becuase there is nothing but stock replacement available off the shelf. You can of course get some things custom made but it aint cheap.
Back to top Go down
https://4ac-powered.forumotion.com
nero

PostSubject: Re: help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops   help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
DjSpecter

PostSubject: Re: help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops   help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:22 am

This is a major reason why alot of people dont bother messing with the 4ac due to its limitations of off the shelf parts. And as they say the 4ag aka GT-S motor will produce WAY more power then a beefy 4AC which is correct BUT....to some people 4ag stuff is just way to DAMN pricey and hard to get. So 4AC FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops   help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops Empty

Back to top Go down

help with aftermarket shops, and rebuild shops
Page 1 of 1